MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-20-2008   #21
DB Performance

Drives: Cars
Re: Dual Walbro's in a 1G AWD

By the part# on it. The 3 most commonly found families are the 190lph, 255lph, and the 255lph HP. You almost always want the 255lph HP on a DSM that is going to run decent amounts of boost. Each family will usually have 3-4 different variants of the pump. Like the GSS341, GSS342, GSS340 and GSL392 are all different versions of the Walbro 255lph HP, with different setups for the inlet/outlet for different cars. The is a 190lph HP also, but I have never seen one. There are also China/eBay knockoffs that are hard to tell from real ones.
DB Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #22
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

What i would like to know is that how much is too much for those small ass fuel lines. I dont think i would do this mod unless i have upgraded my fuel lines to bigger ones from the fuel pump all the way to the rail. But thats me personally.
And i would definatly agree with the rewire. Its cheap and simple. I run mine directly to the battery. (which is only 3 ft from the fuel pump.)
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #23
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less

WHY HAVEN'T I DONE THIS MOD YET!!!

i have a spare 255 sitting in my garage and my fuel pump is already rewired

I will be posting pictures later of mine later and how this will turn out

good write up and pictures are worth a thousand words!
Old 05-21-2008   #24
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

The way I see it, why push the stock wiring and hope it works (especially w/ something so important as fuel pressure), when a re-wire really isn't that difficult anyways and then you'll KNOW that you'll be alright. JUst my .02
Old 05-25-2008   #25
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Did you use submersible fuel line? The normal high pressure EFI fuel line and SS braided lines doesn't like fuel on the outside of it and eventually fails. The line that comes with Walbro kits is submersible or you can get 1 foot sections from Napa.
Hey, is there a good place to find this submersible fuel line, I went to the parts store today and they all gave me funny looks.

One store asked what I was going to do with it and when I told them, they replied "sir, everyone else here is trying to save fuel and you are the only one trying to burn more of it" Thought it was kind of funny
Old 05-25-2008   #26
tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew7dg View Post
Hey, is there a good place to find this submersible fuel line, I went to the parts store today and they all gave me funny looks.

One store asked what I was going to do with it and when I told them, they replied "sir, everyone else here is trying to save fuel and you are the only one trying to burn more of it" Thought it was kind of funny
Well, it says Napa in his post. I would try there. DB is in Rogers so the Napa in Rogers is probably even a safer bet.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #27
bertrenolds5

Drives: 91 eagle talon GST

I read somewhere you don't even need dual fuel pumps, it's actually better to up the voltage to 17volts to the single pump with some type of amplifier. apparently even a stocker pump will get better flow then dual pumps when you do this, am I talking out of my ass or is this true?

Last edited by bertrenolds5; 05-30-2008 at 11:17 AM..
bertrenolds5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #28
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

I'm gonna go w/ the ass talking option
Old 05-30-2008   #29
scheides
flips McGee

+1, ass talking. It's been shown several times actually that those boost-a-pump devices help, but are immediately out-flown by twin pumps.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #30
bertrenolds5

Drives: 91 eagle talon GST

Ah-ha, good to know the facts.
Old 05-30-2008   #31
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

I will be picking up a relay and doing a rewire if I get the car back this weekend. I'll make sure to take pics and add it all to the 1st post.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote