MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 02-20-2007   #1
gstjoker

Send a message via MSN to gstjoker
hks tt type 0

I got this hks turbo timer type 0 with the wire harness for my 2g and was just wondering if you guys know where these 2 wires go. One is white while the other one is black. The white one has like this plastic tube over it and the black one has like this flat head shaped thing with a hole in the middle. Looks like there's also a 3rd wire that's been cut and soldered at the tip. It's a orange wire. I'm thinking that the black one is to just to ground and the white is for the ebrake or something. Here's a picture for better understanding. Click on the picture for an enlargement.

If it helps, I turn the key to the Acc. position and the timer does nothing except when I turn the key back around to take it out it makes a beep.

Last edited by gstjoker; 02-20-2007 at 09:55 PM..
gstjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #2
clean2g
Boost Junkie

Drives: I teleport
Send a message via AIM to clean2g
Re: hks tt type 0

I believe one is for the ebrake and I forget the other. I didn't hook those two up on mine, but I have the greddy, not sure if it makes a difference on the hks. Works just fine for me. Oh, I think the other is for rpm reading maybe. There's a write up on vfaq I believe for tt installs.
clean2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #3
gstjoker

Okay, I got it to come on and that was just from grounding the black wire. The new problem is when I turn off the car, the timer doesn't come on. I tried setting it to manual set and auto set but neither works. Do I need to hook up the ebrake wire to that white wire that's not connected to anyting in the picture? It's the one with a plastic tube on it.
Old 02-23-2007   #4
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars

Probably need to hook up the wire for the e-brake, i know on mine it wouldnt start the count unless it was connected and the e-brake was set. You should also look on V-Faq to figure out what the white wire goes too or what it is, as it might be of some importance..also try looking on their website for install instructions.

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL

Last edited by AwdGSX13; 02-23-2007 at 10:36 AM..
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #5
bluntedelvis
Click,Click,BOOM!!!

Same with me I have a Blitz and would not work untill E-brake was hooked up and if I remember correctly I hooked the orange wire with the ground and everything worked.
Old 02-23-2007   #6
gstjoker

Okay, thanks guys but all I did was just searched around and found that you don't need to hook up the ebrake and just ground the other wire and it worked! Thanks for all the inputs.