MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 01-21-2006   #1
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson
Door doesn't close right

The driver door on my '96 Talon AWD doesn't seem to be closing right. Sometimes when I close it, the window gets stuck on the little strip of rubber that is supposed to go over the top of the window. Normally it closes properly, so I guess it depends on the ground I'm parked on, maybe it flexes the car enough to make it not work right. When this happens, I have to push down really hard on the door to get it to close, or even roll down the window a little to get it to close, then roll it up again. It's getting to be a hassle. It's never happened to the passenger door though. Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by asshanson; 01-21-2006 at 12:20 PM..
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #2
Shotgun!
Totenritt

Drives: Cranberry Plastic, Shiny red Bayliner with a V10
Send a message via AIM to Shotgun! Send a message via MSN to Shotgun!
Re: Door doesn't close right

OMG, what have you done? If the car is flexing that much you have two options: get a cage or scrap the car. The fact that it's not happening to the other door means it's prolly not the car flexing. Is teh window motor assy. pushing the window up too far? Or do you need to work on the door? Take careful note of how the door itself is fitting against the car. Do you notice high amounts of wind noise at 65mph+? My bet is that it's the window motor screwing you. Get in touch with niteryder...or however he spells it. He won't do it for ya, but he will tell you what a bitch it is.
Old 01-21-2006   #3
longemoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashanson
The driver door on my '96 Talon AWD doesn't seem to be closing right. Sometimes when I close it, the window gets stuck on the little strip of rubber that is supposed to go over the top of the window. Normally it closes properly, so I guess it depends on the ground I'm parked on, maybe it flexes the car enough to make it not work right. When this happens, I have to push down really hard on the door to get it to close, or even roll down the window a little to get it to close, then roll it up again. It's getting to be a hassle. It's never happened to the passenger door though. Any ideas? Thanks.
i got the same problem with my gst i have to roll down the window a litle bit and it closes perfectly fine, if not i have to slam the really hard, i and it's only with my driver side door too,
longemoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #4
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Take your door panel off and adjust the window!
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #5
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Or adjust your door! But becareful as doors are deceivingly heavy...
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006   #6
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

There should be some brass sleeves around the door pins, I've done them on a bunch of other cars, but not a DSM yet. You can also adjust the door by loosening the bolts on the brackets. Make sure it's not just your window adjustment though. If the door closes properly and the body lines line up, it's just your glass. The adjustment for that will be obvious once you take off the inner door panel.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote