MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 12-09-2004   #1
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm
Blown Bulb of Fuse?

Today I was trying to wire up my boost gauge light to my dimmer switch and I didnt notice that I had two wires touching each other and when I turned the car on the boost gauge light was on, but the clster gauge wasnt (whoa, long sentence). So I did a few other stuff, like re-wire so the wires dont touch and turned the car back on...now I smell smoke. Found out that my tailgate light fuse in the engine bay was dead, so I replace that. I didnt want to screw up my fuses anymore, so I put it back to normal. I have the boost gauge light powered from one wire on the dimmer switch (worked for a few months like that). Now my cluster gauges work fine, but my gauge light is dead. Is it more likely that the bulb is dead or just another fuse somewhere? I'm going back to vfaq to read on it one more time and then I'm gonna try to make it work next week...haha.
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004   #2
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
Get a volt meter and check the voltage going to the suspected wires to the blown bulb, if there is power up there then you know that its the bulb most likely.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote