MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 09-23-2008   #1
TsiEagleTalon92

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Palisade
Questions/ Possible problems

One of my cars have been sitting for 1.5 years due to it being broke. I am finally getting around to fixing it little by little.

I just got a new alternator and plugs put in it and all my fluids are good. The question I have is that I have a loud hissing type sound coming from the intake air filter. I have no idea what the cause of it is and I don't think to well that it can be good.

One other thing that I noticed while letting it run a bit is that my oil pressure gauge is not moving a bit and it always used to work.

My last thing I can think of for now is that It always had a tendency to sputter once and a while but now it is doing it pretty bad. If it's cold it'll do it and eventually clear itself out but if you step on the throttle it is hiccups a lot and the RPMs will not go past 4500. Also it seems as tho at an idle when cold it doesn't want to stay running but it does.

I have gas that has been in the tank just as long as it has been sitting and I have not changed my wires yet (picking up soon) How many vac lines are there so I can check those since I heard a long time ago I might have bad vac. Vac lines don't just come from behind or underneath the intake manifold do they? if they do it shouldn't be hard to find then.

Thanks Guys.
TsiEagleTalon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #2
2bar1g

Drives: .
Re: Questions/ Possible problems

Sounds like a big vacuum/boost leak. I would do a boost leak test and see where your at. Since the car sat for awhile, chances are you will need a bunch of gaskets that have deteriorated. And get some new gas too!

Also, what did you gap the plugs at?
2bar1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #3
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

What was wrong with the car when you first put it away? That sound coming from the air filter is weird, maybe your BOV is leaking?

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #4
TsiEagleTalon92

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Palisade

Sorry I didn't state it earlier I have a non turbo Eclipse.

What originally made the car sit in the first place is that I was running on pretty bald tires, and the one day in April/May 07, the day that it snowed big and was all melted by 8am. My car and I were leaving SA before going to work and I was turning out of the parking lot going left and my wheels went the right direction but my car went straight right into a curb. My lower control arm was bent to shit and my rim was dented. I didn't have the money to fix it then so I brought it to work and put it in the back, and there it has sat since then.
TsiEagleTalon92 is offline   Reply With Quote