MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 03-28-2006   #1
Wizard50369

Send a message via AIM to Wizard50369 Send a message via MSN to Wizard50369 Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard50369
Electrical issue once again

My car is a 1990 TSI AWD, basicly stock (free mods, K&N, turbo timer, aftermarket boost gauge)

After over a year down time, I took a stab at the Talon again today. I just replaced the ECU and the engine wire harness. I checked the coil pack and it is fine, no analog meter so I dont know if the power transistor is good. Also, not sure about the CAS, but i bought both of them from John at maddsm so I'm sure they work.

I go to start the car after getting everything back together, and the security light comes up. No check engine light, nothing else. When I turn on the turn signals, the security light flashes, not the signal lights. My door power and power to windsheild wiper wipers etc. dont work, but im sure this is as simple as a fuse.

My question is: is the security somehow stopping me from starting my car? It sounds like its about to start, very powerful cranking over and the occasional sputter. Thanx for reading this long posts
Old 03-29-2006   #2
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.
Re: Electrical issue once again

What security light are you talking about?
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #3
Wizard50369

Send a message via AIM to Wizard50369 Send a message via MSN to Wizard50369 Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard50369

The stock green security light, the one that says "security"
Old 03-29-2006   #4
Wizard50369

Figured out the power windows, locks and whatnot. I missed the connector by the ECU lol (was hiding under the carpet).
Old 03-29-2006   #5
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard50369
The stock green security light, the one that says "security"
Sorry none of the DSM I worked on had a security light. Did not know! Thank goodness you found the probelm.
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #6
Wizard50369

I only found the problem with the power door locks, windows and mirror. The car still isn't starting. Tomorrow I'm going to go back through and make sure I have connected all the connecters and that they are in the right place
Old 03-29-2006   #7
GVR-4579

Send a message via AIM to GVR-4579

if it sputters maybe its just not getting fuel, i would check fuel pressure and maybe the MAF connector as well
GVR-4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #8
joesushi
Smells Like Fish

Drives: 96GSX
Send a message via AIM to joesushi

the security light comes on sometimes on my galant. It doesnt do anything tho.... just sits there glowing, waiting, to strike.
joesushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #9
Outlaw1
Resident Redneck

Try using the key to unlock the driver side door. If the car actually has a factory installed security system that should deactivate it.

10.48 @ 136.86 w/1.65 60'
Outlaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #10
Wizard50369

Ok, I got all the windows and everything working.
There's some weird junk going on though. My interior lights do NOT turn off until I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position. Even when my doors have been shut for a few minutes
When I turn on my hazzard lights, a red light on the dash (seat belt warning light i think) blinks.
When I close my door, my right turn signal light is on. until i open my doors again.
My tempature gauge pegs out on the HOT side, until I unplug the gauges (physicaly take them out)
When I turn my key to the ON position, my oil gauge goes to the HIGH side, until I take my key out.
ONLY when i turn my headlights on, my gas gauge comes on. I know I'm low on gas so I'm on my way to get some. Hopefully I can get this light to go off lol.
Old 03-29-2006   #11
Outlaw1
Resident Redneck

Floating ground. Break out the DMM and ohm the harness.

10.48 @ 136.86 w/1.65 60'
Outlaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006   #12
Wizard50369

K, so I was too lazy to search through all the wires for a floating ground. I was all mad and decided to plug in the stereo and play it (while charging the battery lol). Some time later I turned the key and just like that, it started! I did nothing different, except plug in the stereo.
The washer on the oil line for the turbo was too big so it spit oil at me, not a big problem. The alternator belt was whinning, than started smoking (checked it and its kinda loose) not a problem either. In other words, one more DSM lives! Yay
Oh, still have all the interior electrical problems. Darn