MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 11-11-2010   #61
scheides
flips McGee

Re: SERIOUS PROBLEM (Jake Vogel/TKR Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackawdtsi View Post

At least one person remembers "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

I think Scheides should turn this into a member review thread when this is all done. Seems like too many people have gotten screwed by Mark for it to go unmentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneatsv8s View Post
There's obviously numerous people who have had bad dealings with him, yet the issue has been ignored for the most part. When I brought up my dealings with him I was flamed for it, and the funny part is he never once responded to what I was saying in my bad guy thread. With that being said, I'm not surprised at all that Mark hasn't responded to this thread, even though multiple people have question why he hasn't and he has clearly been online in the past few days.
Guys, end of the day this is a FEEDBACK forum, not GUARANTEED RESOLUTION OF PROBLEMS forum. People can state their case, others can learn from these experiences, and if someone is planning on doing biz they can search this forum for past experiences. That's why using people's full usernames or full IRL names is important.

I can't make Mark post here, if someone wants to lay out a payban or something I will help but that's about all I can do :P Buyer beware and take the three minutes to double check a that a freshly rebuilt trans can shift into all gears before taking the time to bolt it into your car.

Sorry not trying to take sides or anything, this whole thing is a classic CF. Learn your shit and do everything you can to double check work done by others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #62
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

Drives: RR EVO Viii 493AWHP Spilner Mobile(sold)

Quote:
You are retarded. You could of bought a new/rebuilt trans from any of teh 3 big names in the business.

Not only did u spend more money, you even did more work and spent more time on this shit deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
That's a good deal.

I wouldn't build a transmission for less than $200 and I don't even have the tooling I use to have. Plus I've only built about two dozen transmissions, while shep has to be in the thousands.

The man is a beast (Shep) and I recommend everything to him regarding DSM transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackawdtsi View Post

At least one person remembers "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

I think Scheides should turn this into a member review thread when this is all done. Seems like too many people have gotten screwed by Mark for it to go unmentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonFiero View Post
DB Performance can facilitate having your tranny rebuilt almost next day or two days. It may be an option and worth exploring.

They rebuilt my evo tranny for around $800 and it needed a new reverse gear. Got all new mitsu syncros, bearings, and a new TOB too.

First of all, My transmission was completely trashed, i needed a NEW 3rd and 4th everything because they were all in pieces. (jake post pics so they can laugh at the carnage) My center diff was chipped and garbage, my 1st and 2nd were no longer useable, SO NO i couldn't have bought a trans or had mine rebuilt by any of the 3 big names for any cheaper it would have been atleast 2x as much money, do your research before being a jerk.

second of all, i would love to have db or shep rebuild my transmission but i cant with out getting the $200 back from mark and i doubt mark will give me a dime back. I have new gears, synchros, TOB it just needs to be assembled and shimmed.

Third EVERY one on this forum had nothing but nice things to say about TKR Mark. I have never seen anything negative about him. I've looked over all of his build threads and seen that he appeared to know what he was doing. He told me that he has built many transmissions. Maybe some one should have put some serious badguy feedback on his work.

IF mark WILL give me a refund I will have db or shep do it. I HAVE asked mark for a refund. I am waiting on his response.
Old 11-11-2010   #63
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I'm such a jerk stating the obvious facts.
Incase you want to be lazy:

TRE realizes that there are those who need to get their car back on the road fast and don't have time or a spare car to use while your transmission is being built. Not a problem, we have built transmissions in stock and can ship you one immediately. Please read about the core charge policy.
We can ship you one of our pre-built exchange transmissions to your location so you can have it ready and waiting for you, allowing you to swap in the new transmissions all in the same day or at your convenience, saving you both time and money.
CLICK ON ANY OF THE CHOICES BELOW
89-99 AWD STAGE 1.5 EXCHANGE $1150.

FYI, they do FWD if your car is as well.
Include the $300 core charge if Jon wants to take all your money and you are at $1450 for a built trans you won't over power with a 1 year warranty if you did over power it.

Man I'm a being a jerk.

http://teamrip.com/TRE%20AWD%20TRANS...0SERVICES.html

I thought there was a feedback thread about Mark's transactions, I've never had issues with the small things I've got from him.

Oh shit a special for $100 more if u are 95-96:
1995-1996 AWD STAGE 2 EXCHANGE TRANSMISSION $1200

double synchro 2nd gear
* new 3rd gear
new 4th gear
2 spider limited slip center diff
Torrington bearing upgrade
shot peened gears
23spline output shaft
fits 95-96
Jon is cool, too he would open up that "special" trans to accomodate your needs on the cheap, he did it for me, threw in a free 4 spider and front LSD.

Please note this is one vendor, there is still SHEP, JAcks, and DOGbox, being the Brand names, DB was mentioned and who knows who else locally would do it (business that is)
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309

Last edited by turbotalon1g; 11-11-2010 at 05:06 PM..
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #64
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

Mark doesn't want to give me a refund. he said:

"It shifted in all gears when i checked if before meeting you, this shit has gotten out of hand i did you a favor on doing it and then you gave it to a known thief"

He said that it is in my hands now because he doesnt know what jake did to it in the 3 weeks that he had it but if i bring it to him he will let me know if it has the same parts in it that it started with. So i'm going to bring it to him on friday.
Old 11-11-2010   #65
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

plus 300-400 shipping
Quote:
I'm such a jerk stating the obvious facts.
Incase you want to be lazy:

TRE realizes that there are those who need to get their car back on the road fast and don't have time or a spare car to use while your transmission is being built. Not a problem, we have built transmissions in stock and can ship you one immediately. Please read about the core charge policy.
We can ship you one of our pre-built exchange transmissions to your location so you can have it ready and waiting for you, allowing you to swap in the new transmissions all in the same day or at your convenience, saving you both time and money.
CLICK ON ANY OF THE CHOICES BELOW
89-99 AWD STAGE 1.5 EXCHANGE $1150.

FYI, they do FWD if your car is as well.
Include the $300 core charge if Jon wants to take all your money and you are at $1450 for a built trans you won't over power with a 1 year warranty if you did over power it.

Man I'm a being a jerk.

http://teamrip.com/TRE%20AWD%20TRANS...0SERVICES.html

I thought there was a feedback thread about Mark's transactions, I've never had issues with the small things I've got from him.

Oh shit a special for $100 more if u are 95-96:
1995-1996 AWD STAGE 2 EXCHANGE TRANSMISSION $1200

double synchro 2nd gear
* new 3rd gear
new 4th gear
2 spider limited slip center diff
Torrington bearing upgrade
shot peened gears
23spline output shaft
fits 95-96
Jon is cool, too he would open up that "special" trans to accomodate your needs on the cheap, he did it for me, threw in a free 4 spider and front LSD.

Please note this is one vendor, there is still SHEP, JAcks, and DOGbox, being the Brand names, DB was mentioned and who knows who else locally would do it (business that is)
Old 11-11-2010   #66
turbotalon1g

DSM AWD or FWD transmission = $200. - from there site for round trip shipping.

Don't be a drama queen, too late i guess.
Old 11-11-2010   #67
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

I'll be there this time when marks puts it together if it doesnt go right i will drop it off at DBs on friday.
Old 11-11-2010   #68
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

i messaged shane waiting on a reply for price
Old 11-11-2010   #69
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Honestly at this point, I think you are going to be the one losing out unfortunately. There's obviously someone at fault here, and the person at fault is the only one that 100% knows who is responsible. And at this point it sounds like that person is not going to step up and take responsibility for it.

But I think what you do leave with is a learning experience. Sucks I know man, but it is what it is at this point I think. It's unfortunate that someone local would do this to another local, sorry you're stuck in such a crap situation. If I was in your shoes, at this point I'd be cutting my losses, take this all as a expensive lessons learned, and look at how to move forward from here.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #70
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI312 View Post
Spilner.....seriously this matter could have and should have been handled off the forum.

When dealing with buying used parts there is never a warranty and there never should be....as far as buying used parts if you are not smart enough to know visually that the parts are ok and still in working order then its your fault for purchasing the part.

I love how everyone can put in their two cents on a forum, but face to face they will never say anything.

So...can you see your car from space? haha
No, the reason it should be dealt with on the forum is so other members will know to what extent they can trust other members from that past experiences and dealings. I actually can see my DSM from space, that's why i never loose it in the crowd.
My sti was 100% stock in appearance. It was a FP green car, made 315whp at DB, was fun for a while but overall was gayer than aids to work on and not worth the insurance. i just wanted why are you on the mitsu forum any way?
Old 11-11-2010   #71
turbotalon1g

I think it is good he publicized his ordeal, could of been a little better but people will be a little bit more cautious of who they deal with.

Maybe you can stop beating around the bush and just post who are you trying to defend here or whose side you are on.

Suby's sound like broken ass tractors no matter how nice they are inside and out. I do want a newer legacy though they are nice.
Old 11-11-2010   #72
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires

Well, not sure how I did it.. but I gave him the wrong diff. Just opened up the other tranny and there it is. I sincerely apologize to Cam for that mix up.

I didn't even think twice about that specific tranny having the 4 spider in it. Didn't even look at the other tranny, just knew where it was.. Guess I didn't.

At this point, I believe he is going to pick it up tomorrow, hand me my old one, and I will hopefully be out of this saga.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #73
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammaxon View Post
Mark doesn't want to give me a refund. he said:

"It shifted in all gears when i checked if before meeting you, this shit has gotten out of hand i did you a favor on doing it and then you gave it to a known thief"
FWIW Vogul had a pretty aweful rep for a while and I think there was a thread linked already about that. He did spend some time cleaning up his image but mostly has just disappeared for a year or so now. If you actually want to leave negative review for someone then out with it, otherwise you just kinda keep beating around the bush.

I think though that you are making progress, nice of Mo to confirm on teh diff and then its just a matter of getting the trans back together with the right parts. Keep going.
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #74
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

no offense cam but you dont know anything about rebuilding a trans, what good is it to watch mark reassemble it
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #75
polishmafia
Smells like cat poop

Drives: an evo's fat korean cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
Well, not sure how I did it.. but I gave him the wrong diff. Just opened up the other tranny and there it is. I sincerely apologize to Cam for that mix up.

I didn't even think twice about that specific tranny having the 4 spider in it. Didn't even look at the other tranny, just knew where it was.. Guess I didn't.

At this point, I believe he is going to pick it up tomorrow, hand me my old one, and I will hopefully be out of this saga.
So you gave him the wrong diff? Thats what caused all this?
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #76
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
So you gave him the wrong diff? Thats what caused all this?
Um no. Wrong diff, yes, but did it "cause all this".. No. All it did was not have the power handling capability of the one he should have received. His issues are with the build quality/other wrong parts.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #77
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

Ok travis you're right i actually dont know much about it and i'm sure it wont make any difference.

but i will say
MO (Speedfreak)

Is, as every one else has already stated... a goodguy!

he admitted his mistake and went out of his way to make it right so for that i thank him. Maybe it's a goood thing mark put the wrong shift fork in so we found this now, before i drove it for a couple years. But i don't know if the 4spider is going to work because it doesn't have the ridges in the gears on the lower housing like in this pic....

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...et-do-you-have

so now what?
Old 11-11-2010   #78
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

From the looks of it you will need the early intermediate shaft, the down side is the older intermediate shaft will not work with the Evo 3 3rd and 4th gears.

~John
Old 11-12-2010   #79
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Mo +10 on this deal.

Bad guy threads on both other parties:

Where's Jake?

Attempt to make things right

TkrPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #80
turbotalon1g

I have a bunch of trans parts out of a 92 if you are interested, also that galant trans will be able to supply random parts you need.