MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 06-18-2009   #41
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack
Re: Dear twack and albert lea mike and all primo members please post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
unless you know where the guy lives and wanna go put the smack down
i dont know where he lives, but for this drama, id go. I work with babies and little kids as a carrer it really pisses me off that he used the baby on the way to get help then turned around and threw the money away. Poor kid has a dad like that. I hope mom gives him his first car not dad

woot woot page 3!!!
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #42
eagle talon guy

Send a message via AIM to eagle talon guy

i might still have his address from when he sent me some sliders! i will look around..

(^^very old pic!)
6 Bolt build in progress
eagle talon guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #43
twack

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle talon guy View Post
i might still have his address from when he sent me some sliders! i will look around..
thats the mitsustyle i know
Old 06-18-2009   #44
NTobler

Drives: 1991 Talon TSI

I do apologize for the name calling. I do NOT how ever have his contact info other then his "girlfriends" phone that is now out of service number, and the fact that he met me at a wal-mart parking lot. His phone number would be awesome to see if I could work something out with him. Or, at least get him on this forum to explain why he sold me such a bunk car. I've PM'd him over 20 times, with no response. Back to the name calling- don't take it personally. I'm just VERY upset with this guy, and for some people to give me "smart a$$" comments back just doesn't help the situation roll around. TWACK- You have offered help on my threads, and I have used it. Thank you. But for someone BRAND NEW to the automotive world AND the DSM world, knowing how and trying to do everything by yourself isn't fun after it taking 6 days to drop a tranny by yourself. I'm a really nice guy I promise, You can ask anyone on here that personally knows me, but they will also tell you that you don't really want to be by my when I'm upset or pissed. Once again I'm sorry for the name calling- as it wasn't meant to be a personal attack. It was just me showing and venting.
NTobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #45
eagle talon guy

Send a message via AIM to eagle talon guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTobler View Post
I do apologize for the name calling. I do NOT how ever have his contact info other then his "girlfriends" phone that is now out of service number, and the fact that he met me at a wal-mart parking lot. His phone number would be awesome to see if I could work something out with him. Or, at least get him on this forum to explain why he sold me such a bunk car. I've PM'd him over 20 times, with no response. Back to the name calling- don't take it personally. I'm just VERY upset with this guy, and for some people to give me "smart a$$" comments back just doesn't help the situation roll around. TWACK- You have offered help on my threads, and I have used it. Thank you. But for someone BRAND NEW to the automotive world AND the DSM world, knowing how and trying to do everything by yourself isn't fun after it taking 6 days to drop a tranny by yourself. I'm a really nice guy I promise, You can ask anyone on here that personally knows me, but they will also tell you that you don't really want to be by my when I'm upset or pissed. Once again I'm sorry for the name calling- as it wasn't meant to be a personal attack. It was just me showing and venting.
i already sent you his number... im working on his address..

edit: no luck finding his address..

(^^very old pic!)
6 Bolt build in progress

Last edited by eagle talon guy; 06-18-2009 at 02:50 PM..
eagle talon guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #46
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Once again I'm sorry for the name calling- as it wasn't meant to be a personal attack. It was just me showing and venting.
The fact that you're a self-proclaimed uber-noob means you get to...no HAVE to be extra respectful of the people that are already here, have been around these cars a long time, and guess what, probably experienced the same thing you are right now. New members get flack around here; don't fight it, take it.

Also, see what happens when you play nice? Someone is bound to know this guy. Just keep trying and until then focus on getting your nice shiny new DSM up and running in time for the cookout!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #47
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

come on nick you need to settle down. I have known you for a long time now since the days of FSL paintball. You should have asked some one that knows alot about dsm's to go with to look over the car. You know I have been building them for a long time all you had to do is ask nate to call me up. I would have looked it over. But in the end not to be a ass or anything you bought a 1800.00 2g and that is what it was in the end. They are not new cars any more they are almost old enuff for collector plates now, and will have problems. I have sank more money than I want to know in my 5 mitsu's that I have right now.
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #48
NTobler

Yeah I know- I did ask nate, and he said that he would just come with and he did. I let him check out the car and everything and he said that I really got a good deal on this for a 1g, I didn't get a 2g. But anyways, once it broke down nate just laughed and said you shouldn't have bought it man, and that was the end of story, no more help.
Old 06-18-2009   #49
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

This Nate fellow sounds like a great friend :/
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #50
twack

no joke does he even know dsms good
Old 06-18-2009   #51
NTobler

yeah- he has had a few in his lifetime and is pretty knowledgeable on them.
Old 06-18-2009   #52
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Sorry to hear it's been such a frustrating situation for you. I'm just going to give my honest unbiased feeling on the situation.

Sounds like the seller is somewhat of a jerk, too bad you have to deal with him. But I don't think he is 100% at fault here.

First of all, this is a 1991 DSM, that cost $1800. No one should ever be expecting to purchase that, for that price, expecting it to be some sort of gem, regardless of what the owner said. I purchased my 1991 DSM for $2000. I'm looking at your list of issues, and honestly a lot of what I see on that list, I'm not suprised to see from a fairly stock 1G that simply wasn't maintained too well (which is what I'd expect of any DSM). Can anyone really say most of those issues are total shockers? Sounds like a bunch of maintenance issues that I would expect from an 18 year old vehicle that hasn't had a lot of TLC and attention. Mine had a good 90% of the same issues yours has when I bought it. Plus a bunch that you haven't mentioned.

- brittle wires / wire connectors
- No idle stop switch
- Tranny/clutch issues
- Oil leaks
- Vacuum lines capped off with screws.
- Worn Ball Joint.
- busted exhaust manifold studs
- Injector Seals Bad
- Bad Knock Sensor
- Missing timing covers
- Bad radiator

Yes in a perfect world the seller would have told you all the issues, but not everyone will be that honest. It's too bad, but that's the real world. That's why you inspect it, bring someone with to inspect it, test drive it, etc. Don't get so worked up, it's an old DSM, you just got a crash course on what it's like to own one. You need to get yourself a Haynes manual, and start learning to work on it yourself. If you can't work on it yourself, expect to be dumping a lot of money into it because little things go wrong here and there on these older cars, especially if you go have some fun in them and start modding them.

Good luck though, and if you ever need help ask. We're all here to help, so don't be scurrd to ask for some help.

OK that's it from me
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #53
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

X2 Brandon.

I got my fwd 90 for 1300. In the last 4 years I've gotten a new long block rebuild, new wheels, new shocks and springs, new seats, new gauges, new door panels, new clutch, new tranny, new brakes, new clutch slave and master cylinder, upgraded fuel pump, short route fmic, injectors, maft, motor mounts, and a lot more shit that goes with owning one. And I am now in the midst of tearing it apart and rebuilding it again.

Might I add I'm just now upgrading to a 16g? lol DSM's are a lot of work. Prove that you're a true Dsmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #54
NTobler

Yeah, I do ask for some help and I get PMS from people saying if you pay for my travel time and 50$ an hour I'll help you work on your car. I really don't need anyone to physically help me, all I need is someone to guide me if I'm doing it right or wrong. I have a chilton manual, and sometimes those are not perfectly clear on what bolt to unscrew and what exactly to do. Sure its easy for people that have been around cars their whole life. I wish I could have been, and I should have been if my father, who was a mechanic, passed away when I was 8. I've always had a passion and love for cars but was never around people who ever worked or even knew jack about them.
Old 06-18-2009   #55
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

For these cars, there is a TON of info out on the internet. Hell there's a VFAQ on how to rebuild your transmission if you feel you even want to go there. There are tech articles on damn near everything on these cars. Plus a fairly good group of locals that can do a lot of it as well. Just gotta ask.

Good luck man.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #56
NTobler

Yeah I agree, but some of it is still confusing to me. I hope I do find someone who is local to me that can help me out every now and then, because that will be perfect. I will never go away from DSM cars now, they're way too fun. You just have to properly maintain them and take care of them and they will take care of you.
Old 06-18-2009   #57
scheides
flips McGee

Get a digital camera and post up in the tech section when you have specific questions. That's what it's for The camera is for clarification on 'what is this' or 'do I unbolt this or this?' type questions.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #58
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

+1 on Halon's point. I thought about saying similar. There is nothing in that list that's a total shocker for any used DSM. It sucks that there are so many things that need to be addressed right away, but even so, it's all mostly routine maintenance for a car of that vintage.
xveganxcowboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #59
twack

Well for starteers when i first got my talon i had no clue what a DSM was. All i knew were AWD and turbo so i dropped $2500 on it. Drove it home and that week the brake calipers and rotors needed to be replaced. Then my hood latch failed and i had to buy a CF hood and a new windsheild. the o2 sensor was bad. needed new motor mounts. oil leaks. plugs and wires had to be replaced. my valve seals were bad. oil sender was bad. timing belt was cracked, the worst intercooler piping ever. This was all stuff i found in the first month. It got expensive real fast. At the time i knew only a little and had mechanics do most of the work, Until i got my top end rebuilt then after that i realized if i was ever to have any money i had to lear how to do this. so i sat down and started reading, i read all the time and asked a lot of question. Now 4 years later i can pretty much do anything and everything to a DSM without being worried. It takes time and patience. Make sure you have a daily driver because the DSM WILL BREAK DOWN. it will be a love hate relationship. But before you ask question go on tuners and look at their How tos, half what you ever need will be in there. The other half is usually found at vfaq, after that we can help you with pretty much anything. Dont let the money of the repairs get you down, sadly the best thing is to not look at the receipts, trust me when your where i am the bill gets ridiculous

Last edited by twack; 06-18-2009 at 07:21 PM..
Old 06-18-2009   #60
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

Quote:
I will never go away from DSM cars now, they're way too fun. You just have to properly maintain them and take care of them and they will take care of you.
I wouldn't say that yet. Some have come to believe that even if you take care of them, they still won't take care of you.

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote