MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 03-28-2015   #1
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4
DSM Ecu in Non DSm car.

Ok. So been messing with my little honda for a while and am starting to get to a point where I need to think about a tuning solution.

I have sitting at my house DSM Link v3 already in a 1G ecu from my wrecked car.

I really like how Link is setup as compared to my buddies Hondata S300. So was wondering, if I could find somebody to build me an adapter harness to go from my OBD1 Honda to the DSm ecu..would it work?

Obviously I know there would have to be tweaking and what not in the ECU itself for things, but wiring wise would it be possible?

I already have it, so I would really like to use it if possible.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2015   #2
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Re: DSM Ecu in Non DSm car.

You'd have to make sure your sensors have the same kind of signal and range, mostly the crank or cam sensor. I can't see it being worth the effort on a car that already has another solution.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015   #3
Perkul8r

The sensor signals where what I was wondering about between the two vehicles. I have been looking into the tuning solutions for Honda. My buddy runs Hondata in his car. I think its just the layout of the program that gets me. For a new to engine management guy like me, Link was really easy to setup, make changes and log.
Old 03-30-2015   #4
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

It would be possible, but take a lot of time, money, fab, work and not work as well as S300. The major problems are the Honda is a speed density and distributor car, while the DSM is a MAF and wasted spark twin coil cam angle sensor car. Plus you would need to swap in every other DSM sensor. If you were going to run speed density with DSMLink, then the S300 is better at speed density anyways, since it the native way the stock ECU runs.
Old 04-07-2015   #5
Perkul8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance View Post
It would be possible, but take a lot of time, money, fab, work and not work as well as S300. The major problems are the Honda is a speed density and distributor car, while the DSM is a MAF and wasted spark twin coil cam angle sensor car. Plus you would need to swap in every other DSM sensor. If you were going to run speed density with DSMLink, then the S300 is better at speed density anyways, since it the native way the stock ECU runs.
Thanks for the info on it.

I am just gonna go with S300. Just will take time to learn the little things on it. Just gotta mess with it a little before I put my other motor together.