MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Site News & Updates

Old 10-02-2006   #41
scheides
flips McGee

Re: MitsuStyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr
It is like Chris said at the dyno day, we all have the same problems. A parent company that doesn't like to honor warranty and recall work, strong motors, weak trannies, and worthless accessory components. Couple that with the various grades of plastic dash's among the different cars, and in a nutshell we all deal with similar shit. Granted some cars are fwd, awd, n/a, turbo..etc but there is a common theme, we are all Mitsubishi Enthusists.
Dude, you forgot about the self-destruct button, aka cruise control!

We have registered a few other domains that we'll use in tandom with dsmstyle and mitsustyle, like 3sstyle.com and I'm working on evostyle or evolutionstyle. All this really means is that we're growing and expanding the site to suit its members. It's stupid to have to go elsewhere for info on some other vehicles besides dsms; there are plenty of people here that can help.

On the topic of new members w/o a clue: we were all there at some point. I remember accusing a buddy in high-school of being an idiot when he was talking about hacking up his air filter box. We have more and more people signing up for the site every week, and I want them to become part of the community, not get shunned out of it. If you have a problem with this, then bring it to me or one of the moderators. I want to promote a positive attitude around here, because flame wars do nothing but leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and accomplish NOTHING.

On the flip side of that, if a newbie or a senior member decides to be a punk or arrigant ass for too long, then get ready to say goodbye to us, and remember the Internet is not as anonymous as you might think. So please, turn your flamidation valves off and put your high-horsepower hats on!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #42
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides
So please, turn your flamidation valves off and put your high-horsepower hats on!
I think what you meant to say was poor reliability hats.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #43
Thor06
11 Seconds to Freedom

Send a message via AIM to Thor06

Couldnt you just add a subforum for each of those? Do you think there would be enough traffic to warrant a full section for each of those other car models?
Old 10-02-2006   #44
HKSenilyks

Send a message via AIM to HKSenilyks

DSMstyle shouldnt just mean 1st and 2nd gens. Diamond Star Motors.
Old 10-02-2006   #45
Tauni
Mazda-ing

Drives: 2013 Mazdaspeed3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06
Couldnt you just add a subforum for each of those? Do you think there would be enough traffic to warrant a full section for each of those other car models?
You mean like mitsubishiforums.com or whatever it is? .Net maybe? Their shit is way confusing.

So here is my question, with all the expansion, are yall thinking of taking this full past MN or are we going to stay more MN based like we have been?
Tauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #46
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

You've been there for what, like 2 weeks? You can't say ya'll yet. You haven't earned it.
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #47
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauni
You mean like mitsubishiforums.com or whatever it is? .Net maybe? Their shit is way confusing.

So here is my question, with all the expansion, are yall thinking of taking this full past MN or are we going to stay more MN based like we have been?

We won't go national if that is what you mean. There is sites for that already. But we get people from all over the US. I think it's safe to say we will always call MN home and keep open arms for IA, WI, ND, ect ect. That bad thing is, we can't stop those weird fuckers from FL and CA from calling us home as well though.
Old 10-02-2006   #48
Tauni
Mazda-ing

Drives: 2013 Mazdaspeed3

I've been here for a month and a half already, and I've already lived here before. So get the facts straight and we'll talk.

ANYWAYS- I'm glad we are keeping it like that. I get wierded out by HUGE forums like that.
Tauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #49
DiSiM

Send a message via AIM to DiSiM

I don't think the name change will be that bad! But it will definatly take some getting used to. But it will definatly open new doors.
DiSiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #50
CDeutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSenilyks
DSMstyle shouldnt just mean 1st and 2nd gens. Diamond Star Motors.
So you just want more info on Eagle Summits, Dodge Avengers and Chrysler Sebrings? 3S's, Galant VR4's, and Evos weren't made at the Diamond Star Motors facility so MitsuStyle is a little more accurrate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Star_Motors
CDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #51
1ViciousGSX
Admin

How about YouDriveWhatWithStyle.com

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #52
unreal808
Mr. Me Too

Drives: Suzuki GSXR

How about "MyBish.com"
Old 10-03-2006   #53
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

How about www.StyleProject.com ? Would that work?
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #54
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

3inHard.com
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #55
HKSenilyks

Send a message via AIM to HKSenilyks

Anycarstyle.com
Old 10-04-2006   #56
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less

Not that I am against having other mitsubishi owners come on here however isn't there a Minnesota 3s club and a evo club out there already?

This is the DSM club of Minnesota, this website was for the 4g63 motors mostly (include the Galant VR-4). I would find it kind of weird that minnesota would have a club for just the 3s and EVOs and then the DSM (the biggest group of them all, I think) wouldn't have a club just for DSMs.

However if the EVO and 3s club don't accually exist
MITSUBISHI OWNERS UNITE!!!

www.mybish.com
^funny! thats what I call my car when it isn't running!

Last edited by Andrew7dg; 10-04-2006 at 12:17 AM..
Andrew7dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #57
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Well, the evo still has a 4g63 so you point is not valid. Yes there is already a 3S and EVO site. Style is fancier than either though, but the 3S guys are pretty loyal so I don't know if many would come over.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #58
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
Well, the evo still has a 4g63 so you point is not valid. Yes there is already a 3S and EVO site. Style is fancier than either though, but the 3S guys are pretty loyal so I don't know if many would come over.
You'd be surprised how many mn3s members post/lurk on here.
Old 10-04-2006   #59
vr-4lif3

agreed I lurk here all the time. I'm excited to see the new change and maybe even catch myself posting a few more times.
vr-4lif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #60
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
HEY!! you know what I mean
I know the evos have a 4g63 but the timing belt is on the other side and none of the parts can be interchanged... well most anyway (this could get into a long debate)

I have to say, this is a nice website with very friendly people. I would love it if mitsubishi people would come together. The mitsubishi cook out was fun to go to and would be great if there was more stuff like that.

What I would love to see is a meet where a lot of mitsubishi people get together and have a parts swap meet. I know a lot of us have car parts, cars, and part cars that they would want to sell. And there are some of us who really need car parts, like me!!