MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 08-05-2015   #1
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
CEL/Tuning Help!

My dad has built a 2.4 4g64 from the bottom up, trans, engine, entire car. And he suffered two codes. One for MAP and one for MAF. He replaced the ECU which seemed to solve many other issues including these codes. Well, they came back. He replaced the MAF and MAP and still have them after clearing. I am at a complete loss and he is extremely frustrated as to why. ANY help would be huge as we're desperate to get this thing dialed in for my mom as that was his gift to her but obviously doesn't wanna give her a car that runs like crap. Anybody had these codes together, or been able to remedy them? Does it just need a flash tune? What's the matter??
Old 08-06-2015   #2
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: CEL/Tuning Help!

Is this an NA car?
You guys are DSM crazy, I'm sorry.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015   #3
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style

Have you checked for physical damaged wires maybe simply check for continuity from the maf wire's to the back of the ecu inputs...with some jumper wires...wiggle stuff around and check? Do the codes come back right after clearing them without the car even moving ...? or do you guys drive the car and then they re appear? Why did you guys replace the ECU right away did it not do its self check diag on first start up?
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015   #4
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Is this an NA car?
You guys are DSM crazy, I'm sorry.
Haha yes. It's our 4th DSM sadly. Addiction confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha D View Post
Have you checked for physical damaged wires maybe simply check for continuity from the maf wire's to the back of the ecu inputs...with some jumper wires...wiggle stuff around and check? Do the codes come back right after clearing them without the car even moving ...? or do you guys drive the car and then they re appear? Why did you guys replace the ECU right away did it not do its self check diag on first start up?
We will be doing a complete pin by pin shakedown soon after replacing the O2 sensors which apparently can cause these codes on the NA engines, as well as have never been replaced under our ownership which mean we should. They came up a long time ago, and the map and maf were replaced. Nothing changed, codes still reappeared. Then the ECU was changed. This worked for a while, but they have since reappeared.