MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 03-04-2004   #1
-GSX-Falcon

Tournaments Won: 6

Ok Im mad now. :rant:

This whole winter I have been dealing with an intake leak at my Throttle Body. So then the other day I went out and put a new outer gasket on, since the old one was basicly non existant. But I still have the damn leak. Im really getting pissed. With the hood open at idle you can hear it going "phssssssst". If you increase the idle speed it gets louder. When i hit boost i sound like an airplane warming up. WTF. Is it the seals inside the TB or what? When i replaced the gasket i applied a thin film of RTV and im still leaking all over the place. My idle is not that great and my MPG has been suffering from this, any ideas? This all started when I installed my UICP.
Old 03-04-2004   #2
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Are you POSITIVE it's the TB? Have you thought about checking the intake manifold gasket? It's in the same general area...

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote