MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 08-09-2005   #1
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23
Jerky Acceleration

1998 GST 5 spd 6-bolt swap/GM maf/maft v2.02

My car has jerky acceleration (always, even WOT. Car seems like it is just super sluggish) until about 4500 to 5000rpm. Past 5K the car starts to pull like it should, but then hits what I believe is fuel cut (maybe, maybe not) at about 5500-6000rpm. At that RPM, it backfires and it seems like the car instantly stops accelerating.

I took out my factory gauge cluster, and when I reinstalled it, the factory boost and oil pressure gauges didn't work. I took the cluster out and looked at the back. I noticed that the printed flexible circuit sheet was torn. Being "Mr. DIY" DSMer, where it was torn I put a wire to complete the connection of the 2 sides. After that, I was driving the Brake light and the Battery light came on, and were very dimly lit. While accelerating, the Brake and Battery lights got brighter. Also, when the lights were on, the car ran pretty much perfect; it felt 1000 times better. Could doing that to the cluster cause this? Anyone know if that little thing could be the problem?

Also, my Check engine lights are on. Scanned for the codes, and Fuel Trim Malfunction and Manifold Differential Pressure came up. I don't know how, or if any of those are related to above.

Thanks, Mike Blageo

Last edited by blageo23; 08-10-2005 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: I can't type
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #2
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm
Re: Studdering wierdness

Uh? Anyone got any ideas?
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote