Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 01-17-2006   #21
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
Re: Tuning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim
Even a slight leak before the O2 sensor would cause a false reading. All that air flowing by would be sucking more in from the outside. I had a similar problem on a completely different vehicle where the there was a leak before the O2 sensor and it caused some very poor driveability. I am not saying that is is for sure the problem but even the slightest exhaust leak before the O2 sensor can and probably will cause problems.
Shit half the DSMs on here probably have the same leak you are describing. I don't think that was or is his problem. But who knows.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #22
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite

Well pulled the spark plugs today. Numbers 1 and 4 where completely Black/Wet, and the #2 cylinder that had been giving me problems all those times I posted had Black chuncks on the spark plug itself (looked like carbon build up or something) but the thing is these spark plugs have less then 50 miles on them.

Anyrate I put in some NGK BPR8ES's (they are slightly used about 25miles or something on them) but hopefully they're still good. (local shop that's carring them raised there prices to $3.25ea) and having to swap them out every 20-50 miles will get expensive.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #23
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

OK I deserve to kick my own ass right now.

I just got back from taking the car for a spin now that the spark plugs are changed. to see if she'll be ready for tonights Moroso event.

Well after 20 minutes of driving the cars running awesome. Clutch won't hold 1or2nd gear 3rd is just insane. I'm making my return trip home when I pass a new 05-06 Saleen going the other direction. Thinking to myself so damn typical I've been here over a year and haven't gotten to race anything worth while best race I've had so far was an 03 cobra.

anyrate I'm turning off Beeline Hwy to Haverhill heading home When I notice a Yellow Porsche coming at me that's hugging the ground. I'm like please fallow me and let this be at least a turbo model. And he does. I get on it in 2nd to show some power and that I'm ready to play. He doesnt' budge so I just coast back down and let him catch up. Well it's about 1.5 miles till the road goes from a 1 lane to a 2 lane with a stop light. Now we are both fallowing behind like 4 rent a trucks and he decides to pass me along with 3 of the trucks what do I see, I went to fallow but as soon as I pulled to check the on coming traffic there were cars coming so I just tucked back in. Thinking to myself (damn it there goes my chance on a good race)

Anyrate we're getting to the stop light and all the rent a trucks pull over to the left lane and what do I see infront of me and sitting at the front of the lane with No cars behind him?...... The Yellow Porsche GT3 that had passed me.

I caught him inching forward as the light was getting ready to turn green so I reach behind me turn on the Camcorder to catch the action.... and DAMN IT!!!!!!! I took the power supply back in the house so that I could charge the battery that I'd found after 4 months and never put it back in the car.

He takes off the line I rolled into it he was about 2 lengths a head of me when I went for 2nd. I can see him waiting for me to switch lanes, I do I'm now Mid way through 2nd and I go full throttle hoping my clutch would hold and sure enough it does I'm now about at his rear bumper matching his speed. He's back on it I go into 3rd and just pull away like no tomarrow. at about 4 lengths ahead I see him hit the brakes so I do the same. He pulls up next to me and said that was awesome. It was some old guy probably in his 60's. He's like that's an impressive car... I say thanks, and that's a sweet car also... Wave goodbye and he takes off again. I didn't fallow cause I'm coming up on my townhouse and wanted to let my car cool off.

I'm running 28psi, 116oct and almost out of fuel. And a lot of tools in the car in case something when wrong.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
Old 01-20-2006   #24
dsm10sec
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dsm10sec

So what kind of Porsche was it?
dsm10sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #25
scheides
flips McGee

Turbo? C2? C4? It'd be a treat to pull car lengths like that on a Turbo 911.

My boss drives a $45k 330i that he's pretty proud of, I put a few car lengths on him today & now I'm kicking myself...why would I want to woop up on the guy that signs my paychecks? Because he deserves it...
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #26
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

It was a turbo GT3 (not sure if they all are turbo or not) but this one had the turbo badge.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
Old 01-21-2006   #27
scheides
flips McGee

weird. Maybe it was a GT2? The GT2's are turbo, rwd, and about 450hp. The gt3 is n/a w/ rwd but *almost* as fast as the awd turbo model. 3.8L (I think) six-pot with about 400hp on tap. Pretty quick!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006   #28
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Don't know It for sure had the GT3 embelem on the rear. The high wing of the GT3.

And had the "Turbo" badge on the lower right side of the car. (I raced one at the track when I first got my car running he went 12.1@114mph to my 13.2@103mph
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph