MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 02-16-2010   #1
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less
Installing race seats

So I have a set of APC race seats now to install into my Scummit!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for installing them. It looks like it should have had a slider assembly purchased with it but I am going to see if I can make the stock sliders work.

I am going to have to bend and re-drill some of the mounting holes for the new seats. I am wondering if anyone can foresee any problem with this racing wise anyway or should I purchase the sliders for the seat?

This should hold me in a little more when I am whipping the car around in the snow!
Old 02-16-2010   #2
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: Installing race seats

i know there are some problems using the stock sliders mainly just because the seat will sit much higher than the normal seats and therefore making your legs hit the steering wheel. But i would take the sliders off the stock seats then set the seats on them to see if it feels comfortable.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote