MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 09-13-2006   #21
Gravy
Who's this guy?

Drives: 91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
Send a message via AIM to Gravy Send a message via Yahoo to Gravy
Re: Compresion Issues, Long Post

Sounds like it could be my problem. I"ll make sure to get new plugs before i get it all back together. Need new bolts for my manifold anyways. If that's the case, rebuild and hone time i asume.
Old 09-13-2006   #22
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

do an oil change and see if the oil smells like gas. if so, i would look for a washed down cylinder
Old 09-13-2006   #23
Gravy
Who's this guy?

No Gas in the oil, only had about 200 miles on the current oil change, if that. Pain in the as spending $30 for synthetic and having to swap it out right away. At least i don't have to drain the radiator fluid again. Would be the 5th time since i've had the car. Done 2 oil changes in that time, anyone else see an issue?
Old 09-14-2006   #24
tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy
No Gas in the oil, only had about 200 miles on the current oil change, if that. Pain in the as spending $30 for synthetic and having to swap it out right away. At least i don't have to drain the radiator fluid again. Would be the 5th time since i've had the car. Done 2 oil changes in that time, anyone else see an issue?
I would have reused 200mile oil.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #25
Gravy
Who's this guy?

If you saw our containers to catch oil, you'd probably not re-use it yourself. It's done more oil changes then G.W. Bush has lied to us.
Old 09-15-2006   #26
tim

Quote:
If you saw our containers to catch oil, you'd probably not re-use it yourself.
Let me see. 5 dollar oil pan or 30 dollars worth of oil.

Either way. Quit wasting your money on things that might not be the cause. Do a leak down test, and see the results.

From your posts, it seems like you have nothing to worry about though. You always end up with the same compression as you started with after a couple of tries. The only way you are going to know for sure is after further testing, not troubleshooting.
Old 09-15-2006   #27
Gravy
Who's this guy?

I'm asking around trying to figure out what or where i can get and use something to do a leakdown test with. I think i'll have a bit of spare time tomorow to look into it more, but all i can find are vacum pumps for testing vacume leaks in an engine(new problem) but no way to leak down the engine.

Any help of anyone that knows how to do one? Going to use this thread instead of a new one.
Old 09-16-2006   #28
tim

I posted in this thread on the first page what it is and how it is done. I even linked a ebay leakdown tester like I bought.

Start by reading that. If you dont have an air compressor or access to one go to one of the local vendors and have them check it out for you.

According to LSEs section on here they charge 60 for a leakdown test performed by them.
Old 09-16-2006   #29
Gravy
Who's this guy?

I think my question would go better if stated like this, you can check each cylinder individually, but how? I looked at the link, and i know what your doing. Filling the cylinder up, and trying to figure out where it's leaking. If you do it through the TB, it's going into all cylinders, and will be hard to track down.

Forgive me, i'm running a temp, but i don't see how to test each cylinder individually to find out where the leak is. I'm on my way over to VFAQ right now, but i came to a very interesting discovery yesterday on my break... one i'm going to shoot myself for.

My coolant seems to be disapearing, filled it after the turbo install and it's lower then it should be. Can't see any below the cap or on the thermostat. Think when i'm feeling better i'll be filling it back up and checking for bubles. Only other thing i could think of is loose line on the turbo, but i'd smell and see the steam coming off.

I may just run over to LSE if i see no bubles though, figure it out for sure.

Edit: Following Text

Ok, i found it on VFAQ and may look into one here shortly. I'm about 80% positive it's a HG, and a guy at work has one i might be able to borrow for a few days.

Last edited by Gravy; 09-16-2006 at 03:29 PM..
Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #30
tim

Quote:
I think my question would go better if stated like this, you can check each cylinder individually, but how? I looked at the link, and i know what your doing. Filling the cylinder up, and trying to figure out where it's leaking. If you do it through the TB, it's going into all cylinders, and will be hard to track down.

Forgive me, i'm running a temp, but i don't see how to test each cylinder individually to find out where the leak is. I'm on my way over to VFAQ right now, but i came to a very interesting discovery yesterday on my break... one i'm going to shoot myself for.
You fill each cylinder through the spark plug hole You are pressurizing each individual cylinder with a air compressor and basing your diagnosis on the leakdown for the cylinder and where you find it leaking from.