Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2012   #1
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Maaco in Fridley: Big Thumbs Down

Brought my Envoy in there for some minor body repair from hitting a road sign. I pointed at the damage and basically said "there is the damage, please repair it". He looked at it, wrote us up a quote and sent us on our way. Their quote was lower than other places, and they seemed like decent people when they quoted me. Couple weeks later decided to bring it in to them to fix. I went to pick it up today and their repair on the door looked good, but they missed repairing the rocker under the door (couple scuffs on the paint, just needed a couple dabs of touch up paint and would have been good enough). We pointed it out first to the front desk guy, then to the owner.

The only solution they offered us was to give them an additional $75 and they would fix it. They said they missed it on the quote on somehow, and since it wasn't on the quote then they aren't fixing it. The owner admitted he must have missed it on the quote (the owner is who quoted us), said he took responsibility for that, but still wanted us to pay $75 more for them to fix it.

Unacceptable in my book. When I look through 20 lines of a quote, I don't follow what it all means verbatim. I told him we brought it to them under good faith that they were an honest business, providing an honest quote to repair all the damage. I told him I felt con'd by the fact that they quoted me for 95% of the work (without me realizing it) to make their quote look cheaper, and I chose them based on that price, they got my business and didn't fully repair it. He was unwilling to repair the damage. So as a business owner, he made the business decision to let 2 guys (both car enthusiasts, and me a possible future customer with my Lexus) leave pissed off and completely unsatisfied over a measly $75. It's funny how much you can learn about a persons/businesses character over what I'd imagine is pocket change compared to the amount of business they do.

I suppose I'll stick to the Maaco in Osseo that has given me good service in the past for my cheap autobody needs Thought the Fridley one was going to be a nice closer option, but nope. I'd recommend anyone thinking of going there, to definitely reconsider.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote