E85 38 95.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2009   #1
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Pump & meth vs. E85

Ok peoples, I just put my car on pump gas the other day and I was surprised by the gas mileage that I got back, with that said I have been thinking about pros and cons of E85 vs pump and meth.

Now during the "season", i drive the car everywhere, hell as long as the salt isn't down I drive the car basically.
My feelings are that E85 is too inconsistent in MN, but I really haven't had any problems I would just take my laptop with me and make a global change if needed, which was usually every monthish.

The reason I see the pump/meth being better is consistency. I can tune the car and forget about it, i love scheides setup for meth seems to be trouble free once tuned.

Hopefully the pro tuners will jump in here and give their .02 cents worth as its about $2mil to me. And of course people that have had experience with these diff. types of gas and tuning with them.

Final word, I never did really get into "lean burn" tuning on E85. Maybe once I have the car pro tuned on E85, compensating for the diff. blends would really completely be just a slight global change. Please note that I like to tune very conservatively.

Thank you

Aaron
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote