MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2009   #1
scheides
flips McGee

Speed Density on Evo ECU

I'm ready to give it a try to see how much driveability improves. Wondering if anyone on here has tried it yet? There's supposed benefits: improved driveability and potentially more power.

The extra power has been potentially debunked:

http://evoempire.org/index.php/topic...nsity-wno-maf/

Same AFR, same boost, same timing, no power gains. Now, if running SD allows you to run a bit more timing or boost on a given setup safely, that's yet to be determined.

Yup, everyone is always saying the MAF is such a huge restriction; obviously even at this power level it is not.

A few interesting notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
No a larger K&N was used. I believe it was 4" by 6" but I might be wrong about the length.

MAF was using a 4" induction off the turbo to a reducer to the MAF to a MAF sized filter. No MAF was 4" all the way to 4" filter.

All is not lost however, the car drives great with the VTA Tial BOV and the idle is rock solid with no "clutch-in" dips, etc. I don't think I have ever seen a Evo lock on to target idle RPM so well before.

- Bryan
The idle stuff makes me interested again....

I'd love to see more data on this subject, this is the best comparo I've seen so far.

JohnBradley did one and saw some power gains up top, but he was able to add timing, and there were other changes made (i.e. NOT a direct comparo):
http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflas...ifference.html

So I think I'm going to try it out this week/weekend.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote