MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 03-04-2004   #1
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Since I'm in the process of buying pads and rotors I was searching DSMtuners.com and stumbled across this: http://www.electronicauto.com/products/2gt...on/brackets.htm

The thought on Tuners is that the non-turbo 3/S calipers fit DSMs... So why couldn't these brackets be used to bolt the TT 3/S calipers to our cars? It seems that the only thing stopping us would be wheel clearance (if it's even an issue) and rotors that fit. Someone from TCE Performance Products chimed in and said they would probably be able to make rotors that fit.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004   #2
FORSFED

I've been looking into bigger brakes lately as well but I'm not sure what to go with. It seems like that bracket could do the trick, but $180 is ridiculous to spend on a couple of brackets...
FORSFED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004   #3
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
If anyone is interested in the 13" Baer track-kit for either 1G's or 2G's please PM me and I'll get you some info and prices.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004   #4
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
I'd be all over it if I wasn't already spending a ton of cash on the rest of the car...

Quote:
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Old 03-04-2004   #5
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Yea me too.. too much money for brakes. I like the 3S deal but that sounds like atleatst a couple hundred bucks, Id rather just get the big brakes from the 1Gs.

Hey if you get 3s brakes you wan tot sell me your front calipers matt? hehe Since you need more braking power if your going to be running track laps.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004   #6
520Talon

The best upgrade is to get stainless lines with good fluid. Good fluid doesn't have to cost a fourtune either. I use Ford High Proformance DOT 3. I use Morse Ceramic pads with OEM rotor. They are also the small size, single pot caliper. I run them so hard I have been stopped so people can check for fire.

The only problem I have with the setup is wear. This is on my rally car and I will go through a set of rotors and pads in a weekend. Thats why I focus on the best for the least. Start with that and go for more if you need it.

If you get bigger brakes with fancier pads, but your fluid is boiling cause its bad and you lines are flexing out cause thier weak. You won't stop any better anyway.
520Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004   #7
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

I'll save the tinkering for a later time... I'm going to go with a setup sold from The Speed Factor. They recently had a group buy on DSMtalk.com and had such huge interest in it they extended the GB price to anyone and everyone. $400 shipped for slotted/drilled rotors and Axxis Metal Master pads all around. I will be getting SS brake lines also. I'm not skimping on the important stuff, the puzzle isn't complete if there are pieces missing. I may buy EBC Red pads for the track, just swap them out for track use and keep the Metal Masters in for daily stuff.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2004   #8
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

That $400 is a decent price for pads and rotors, but you still need to add $109 for SS lines. Doesn't your car still have the single pistons brakes though?
Old 03-06-2004   #9
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

I recomend Porterfields over the EBC pads, seems that people have much better luck with them. For track duty I recomend the R4E's and for street the R4S's.
Old 03-06-2004   #10
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

No, I swapped Mike for his big calipers and found some small ones to give him in return.

That's good to know about the pads... Better is always good. I'll try out the Metal Masters for the street and initial track use and go from there. Who carries Porterfield pads?

Quote:
Old 03-06-2004   #11
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

RRE and Archer.
Old 03-06-2004   #12
FORSFED

I know there are a lot of kits to upgrade your front brakes from the single piston calipers and small rotors to the dual piston caliper and larger rotors, but can anything be done for the rear brakes? I remember reading something about the e-brake setup being different on the back therfore making it difficult to upgrade them. Any insight on this?
Old 03-06-2004   #13
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

No need to do too much to the rears. Nice rotors and pads are all you need.
Old 03-06-2004   #14
FORSFED

That's kind of what I was thinking since most of your braking power comes from up front. Good pads and rotors with stainless lines as well would probably be the ticket.

Hey Chris, check your PM's about the baer brakes.
Old 03-06-2004   #15
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

PM's replied to. For some reason I never got the pop-up saying that I had a new PM.
Old 03-06-2004   #16
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Are there any proportion valve modifications that can be done? I heard/read somewhere that the front to rear braking ratio is 65/35 or something like that. Adjusting more to the rear would greatly help loosen the car up when braking into turns.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2004   #17
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

You can use the larger 1" brake master cylinder from the big-brake 1G's as compared to the 7/8" from the small-brake 1G's.
Old 03-07-2004   #18
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

I have a '93... Didn't it come with the big brakes?

Quote:
Old 03-07-2004   #19
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Yup, so you have the 1".