MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 08-07-2004   #1
vapour24

Tournaments Won: 6

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi - Stock

Alright, please forgive me if this is a newb question but im really not sure what the problem is. My car for no reason somtimes will just have no power at all. Ill turn the key to 'on' and then 'start' and i have no power and only on some few times when i switch it to on, it will kill right away and i wont get it back. The break lights dont go on, the power locks dont unlock eachother its almost as if the car dosent even have a battery. Well in order to fix this ill put the car in neutral (while its dead) and power will come back on, and this seems to work, but can anybody tell me whats happening to my car? whats wrong with it? Also, as I was driving home last night i had my lights on, music on and whenever i would tap the breaks it seemed as if i lost power in everything, the music would stop, the dash gauges would all dim for a second and go back on (for as long as i was breaking for) and the lights would dim and shut off and turn back on as well. This happend the same for when i was turning on my Highbeams. Once again, forgive me for the newb question

-Thanks your help is appreciated
Old 08-07-2004   #2
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
1) Check ALL of the fuses. Even the ones under the hood.
2) Test your battery and check the battery terminals.
3) Test your alternator.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #3
1Fst14B

Send a message via AIM to 1Fst14B
its hard to understand what your saying in that run on sentence, but...

if you put it in neutral and start it, it works every time? from that it sounds like a gear selector switch, but that would only effect starting, not all power/accesories.

as already said, check all connections on your battery, my NT would do this and once in a while ide have to adjust the terminals and it would start right up.
i was too lazy to fix it.

adam
1Fst14B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004   #4
vapour24

Tournaments Won: 6

thanks for the info so far!

just tonight i was driving and i tapped the breaks and everything shut off and came back on and when it came back on the 'Anti-Lock' breaks sign lit up and then went off wtf?:headache:
Old 08-08-2004   #5
LightningGSX
Hellbound

BRAKES