MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes / Body / Suspension (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Bleeding brakes/clutch (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32973)

turbotalon1g 04-23-2013 12:11 PM

Bleeding brakes/clutch

I was looking up how some people do this without a fancy tool, and I saw a guy just using a one-way/check valve in a hose on the bleeder screw so that he could leave it open while bleeding the brakes.

Anyone know where I could score a valve that would be able to stand up again pressure and brake fluid?

I'm thinking just hardware store contraption should work, but I figured that someone on here might of come up with something already.

Thanks

Jason@DB 04-23-2013 12:14 PM

Re: Bleeding brakes/clutch

I made one a few years back. I'll check my tool box tonight to see if I have it still.

93gtpeater 04-23-2013 12:16 PM

Why don't you you do it the old way? Have one person pump and another person open the valve.

goodhart 04-23-2013 12:17 PM

I plan on getting some of these. I've always wanted to try them, so I think this project is the one that will get them.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...domestic.shtml

Not sure if this is quite what you are talking about, but either way it should make quick work of bleeding the brakes/clutch

turbotalon1g 04-23-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@DB (Post 428796)
I made one a few years back. I'll check my tool box tonight to see if I have it still.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93gtpeater (Post 428798)
Why don't you you do it the old way? Have one person pump and another person open the valve.

Sometimes I don't wanna wait for someone or bother my wife with it, but I can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 428799)
I plan on getting some of these. I've always wanted to try them, so I think this project is the one that will get them.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...domestic.shtml

Not sure if this is quite what you are talking about, but either way it should make quick work of bleeding the brakes/clutch

It's like that but you can put it inline in a hose then attach that hose to your factory bleeder. I've just heard a few horror stories about those things and I figured I can buy one check valve for the hose and use it on clutches/brakes on multiple cars.

Jason@DB 04-23-2013 12:55 PM

Mine was a clear hose>check valve>clear hose. I added another hose on the outer end of the check valve to make sure if it did pull anything back in it was fluid, not air.

Halon 04-23-2013 01:00 PM

If I'm alone, I just top off the master cylinder, then fill up a jar with fresh clutch fluid. Run a hose from the bleeder fitting into the bottom of the jar. Crack the fitting loose, pump the pedal several times until the master cylinder gets low. Repeat that a few times. Button it all up, make sure pedal feels nice and firm. Done.

Here's a pic I found online to kinda give you an idea if I sucked at explaining it:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...88egVDJjMD1l0g

turbotalon1g 04-23-2013 01:36 PM

^Yeah, that's what I usually do, but this super blue stuff is spendy and I'd like to waste as little as possible, plus last time I almost started sucking up air.

I'll swing by HD racing and see what I find i need to stop there anyway soon.

asshanson 04-23-2013 01:55 PM

As long as you have enough for the brake job that's all that matters because it goes bad soon after you open it. Unless you are trying to do 2 cars on a single can.

I will probably get the wife to hit the pedal when I change fluid next week.

4seasons69 04-23-2013 02:11 PM

I have a vacuum bleeder and I don't live that far so I could push the pedal for you if need be ;-)

turbotalon1g 04-23-2013 02:21 PM

Bah, I'll just stick to that I guess.

I noticed last time when doing it the traditional way, the jar would be full of the dirty crap and could get back in.

munchgsx 04-23-2013 09:20 PM

Ask friend to borrow fancy tool.

1QUICK4 04-23-2013 10:14 PM

Or just gravity bleed them. No pumping, just crack it open and let gravity do the rest.

When it starts coming out a fancy blue color move to the next bleeder

Goat Blower 04-23-2013 11:37 PM

I have to do this to mine when I pull it out of storage next week as well.

LingLing 04-24-2013 07:17 AM

I couldn't find my fancy homemade tool. If you need someone to pump the brakes I can stop by after work tomorrow.

turbotalon1g 04-24-2013 10:59 AM

oh I'm in no rush, I'll get to it this weekend maybe.

I have to remove a clutch delay valve from the BMW, flush on the wifes car and a flush on the talon.

Thanks guys.

dsmolition 05-17-2013 01:26 PM

How often do you bleed your brakes/clutch that you would ever need something like that?

Goat Blower 05-17-2013 03:12 PM

I still like Speedbleeders, although my my calipers have different sizes due to replacing them over the years.

asshanson 05-17-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmolition (Post 430251)
How often do you bleed your brakes/clutch that you would ever need something like that?

I plan on doing it twice a year, definitely considering a power bleeder. They make a lotus one for $50.

turbotalon1g 05-17-2013 03:20 PM

Depends on how many track days I end up doing, but since I'll have at least 3 cars at all times I'll be doing it a decent amount.