View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010   #14
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Camber Tires - built in 2°

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I think the negative camber is to offset the camber of the tire and make the tire sit flat on the ground all the time. A lot of guys run -2.5° of camber in the front anyways, right, so what would happen if you took this tire and ran the suspension at, say, -5° of camber.

The interesting side effect to this tire that is kinda neat is that it eats up the road a little nicer while cruising. Totally not what I would have thought of but it makes 100% perfect sense. Instead of the force of the road traveling straight up the sidewall, it is at an angle, so the sidewalls sorta flex like an offset spring and eat some of the directional force.
Running 0* front camber would do the same thing. The way I see it, using this tire as stated and pictured, is pointless. Negative camber is all about gaining maximum tire contact patch when the car is leaned over, running a tire flat on the ground while going straight will pull the inner edge up in a corner while a car running negative camber with traditional tires will have a larger contact patch on the road.

Last edited by Kracka; 08-09-2010 at 11:26 AM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote