Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 08-09-2006   #1
Gravy
Who's this guy?

Drives: 91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
Send a message via AIM to Gravy Send a message via Yahoo to Gravy
Re: IC piping question

New idea, new topic on top of old idea.

Took it out last night, beat the piss out of it with many first gear launches and no issues. Today, pulling out of the driveway, i give it hell, spikes to 17 psi and POP. Feels like fuel cut and a pipe pop off all at once. I turned around and went home and the pipe came lose. I fixed it and took off to work. Well... the pop shook the engine enough it smacked the lower radiator hose against the suport that the engine mount is located on and knocked it lose. I didn't notice this untill i got to work, and my temp guage was burried in the red.

Was suprised on my hour long lunch, i replaced the IC piping with the stock one again, pulled the lower radiator hose, removed both fans from the radiator, took the radiator out, with the lower hose, and replaced it with the new one. Put the radiator back in, both fans on, conected the hoses, conected the temp sending unit(forgot one time) and put in a new thermostat with gasket. Filled the system up with new fluid and got this all done in 50 minutes.

How the hell does it take me 30 minutes to do a damn oil change on my truck, when i dont' even have to jack it up?