MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 09-05-2006   #1
sleepy2lazy

Recommendations for Heating issues

I searched and found this thread. http://dsmstyle.com/forums/showthrea...heating+issues.

I'm going to try that out too.

For my 95 gsx, mods close to stock, I've been having some weird water temp issues. On the stock water temp gauge, normal driving and before I've noticed, the ping would only go up to half. Now, i've noticed that it reaches up to 65-80% of that gauge. But by turning on my heat, it will go down.

(If there is a problem. I've never really looked at that temp gauge until recently when that dumb hose popped off by the alternator.)

What i'm wondering is what you guys think would be the problem? I'm still a rookie at working on a car, but this is what i'm going to do. (If you have a suggestion, please let me know).

First, I'm going to buy / upgrade a new thermostat. 180*

Second, I'm going to add some drops of soap to my coolant. (Read it in other thread. Sounds good to me. Only dawn in my baby.)

Third, I'm going to figure out if my fan works. Recently, I haven't noticed it.

Fourth, Figure out how i'm going to take out my radiator and clean it. (Never taken that out before.)

Last of all, my coolant light is ALWAYS on in my car. It comes on and off every six months or so. I've never figured out how to fix it. The coolant in the radiator is full. Resevoir tank is good. Never really seemed to be a problem but it is always making me paranoid..
What could be wrong with it?
sleepy2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006   #2
Gravy
Who's this guy?

Drives: 91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
Send a message via AIM to Gravy Send a message via Yahoo to Gravy
Re: Recommendations for Heating issues

For what it's worth, i ran my car for 20 minutes before it overheated with both fans unpluged and my coolant temp sensor as well. Does it overhead when your at a stand still or when your moving. I kept the car going so it didn't overheat too bad. Soon as i stopped... it was toast.
Old 09-06-2006   #3
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Recommendations for Heating issues

Get your cooling system professionally flushed, its much more effective than trying to do it yourself.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote