MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 02-22-2004   #1
Jana
Mazda Bitch

What do I need or where to I buy the parts to replace my end clutch. I think there is a kit, but I am kind of clueless....

Thx!
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004   #2
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
if i knew wtf that was then i'd help, but my question is who is that in your sig?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004   #3
Jana
Mazda Bitch

That's me and my favorite girl.

An end clutch is kind of like the manual clutch from my undertstanding....except a little bit more to it. I could be wrong
Old 02-22-2004   #4
-GSX-Falcon

Tournaments Won: 6

... http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/ Yes, i know im awesome. :stick: I have heard a end clutch has something to do with overdrive...this is for A/T cars by the way. Our cars come with a end clutch but appearently they are not very good and dont last all that long when you start to put more power to the ground.

Edit: typo
Old 02-22-2004   #5
Jana
Mazda Bitch

thanks!
Old 02-22-2004   #6
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!
Goto My Webpage and email the guy there. We got the one for Terina's car there. I noticed it shows for up to a 98 eclipse but nothing about the 99's. Email him and ask him if they will fit and how much they are. We got ours at a reasonable price and shipping was very fast. He also was very fast to email even though he was in the middle of a move. I would recommend him. His email is charles@plymouthlaser.com and his name is Charles Monk. Like I said, he was very fast to respond and very quick to ship. I was referred to him from someone from this site. His site is very informative as well.

PS. If you need help with replacing, I'm willing to lend a hand. It's pretty easy but if you haven't done it before you might be a bit confusing to begin with. I would also recommend changing the tranny filter and fluid at the same time.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004   #7
Jana
Mazda Bitch

Thanks Erik! I'll check it out. I knew you'd know something since you had done this to Terina's car.
Old 02-22-2004   #8
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Look here

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004   #9
Jana
Mazda Bitch

Yeah, I looked at those too. Thx!
Old 02-22-2004   #10
1ViciousGSX
Admin

I'm sorry, I sent you back to the converter page, try it now.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004   #11
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

The one we bought was actually less expensive than those even after shipping (it is the same one, Alto). I can't say anything good or bad about Full Throttle since I have never bought anything from them. The only thing I can recommend is from my own experience. What drew me to buy from Charles was the the fact that he has all the info for installing (among other things) on his website for easy access.

Old 02-22-2004   #12
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
end clutch = torque converter???
Old 02-22-2004   #13
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

No. An end clutch is a clutch pack on the end of the transmission that is accessible from the outside of the tranny while it is still in the car. It has at least 6 circular disks (3 or more fiber with inner teeth and 3 or more metal ones with outer teeth) that alternate fiber, metal, fiber, etc. These disks fit in a bore where the outer teeth mesh against the sides of the bore and the inner teeth slide over the shaft. The disks have a spring loaded piston that forces the disks together to engage the pack. I do not, however, remember if it's spring applied and hydraulically disengaged or vice-versa.

Hopefully that clarifies it. It's used for engaging the overdrive. Usually they get too warm or worn and warp. One of the symptoms that we encountered was, if we nailed the gas and it down shifted to 3rd and then when it went to shift back into overdrive, it felt like it slipped into neutral until you let off the gas and then it would catch and everything would be fine.

Old 02-22-2004   #14
Jana
Mazda Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by awd1dr@Feb 22 2004, 04:21 PM
GotoMy Webpage
I just started looking around this site and have found it very helpful!!! Thanks again Erik!
Old 02-22-2004   #15
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Quote:
Originally posted by awd1dr@Feb 22 2004, 07:56 PM
No. An end clutch is a clutch pack on the end of the transmission that is accessible from the outside of the tranny while it is still in the car. It has at least 6 circular disks (3 or more fiber with inner teeth and 3 or more metal ones with outer teeth) that alternate fiber, metal, fiber, etc. These disks fit in a bore where the outer teeth mesh against the sides of the bore and the inner teeth slide over the shaft. The disks have a spring loaded piston that forces the disks together to engage the pack. I do not, however, remember if it's spring applied and hydraulically disengaged or vice-versa.

Hopefully that clarifies it. It's used for engaging the overdrive. Usually they get too warm or worn and warp. One of the symptoms that we encountered was, if we nailed the gas and it down shifted to 3rd and then when it went to shift back into overdrive, it felt like it slipped into neutral until you let off the gas and then it would catch and everything would be fine.
Ok, thanks for explaining it.