MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 11-04-2003   #21
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
What would I do to fix the boost creep? I have swapped my stock O2 housing to a ported 2G and noticed better spool up and less creep but it was still present, and the logs were after putting on that housing.

John: I tried a leak test with your tester but could not get it to mate to my turbo right, I guess I just don't know how to do it right(stupid me).

Niterydr: I will probably get a pump with this next paycheck and try that, I know I can't afford an afc yet so I will have to try the pump.

Thanks guys

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003   #22
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Talk to Raptor for boost creep fixes. The best thing to do is port the housing and turbo and install a 34mm flapper.

I have a used 190 fuel pump coming out for sale... it will be cheap cheap.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003   #23
Raptor
ConArtist

If you are interested in having the boost creep fixed PM me about it and it will be taken care of. I agree with Jet that you should gap your plugs tighter, not because that is causing your problems, but because you should for higher boost levels. I also agree with Josh and the point he is trying to make. There are many things that will show up as knock and they do not all have the same damaging effect on the motor. If you are getting knock from detonation due to running lean, you are damaging the motor. It is not and never will be safe to run with detonation on a car that is street driven and needs to be reliable on a day to day basis. (anyone) Look at the tops of the pistons in a motor suffering from heavy detonation and tell me if you still think it is okay. << to the people that think lots of knock is just fine.

Alpine, Lets get the boost under control, make sure there are no leaks and make sure the fuel delivery is adequate. If any of these things are out of control, tuning is pretty much chasing your tail.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003   #24
1Fst14B

Send a message via AIM to 1Fst14B
Quote:
Originally posted by Raptor@Nov 5 2003, 12:30 AM
(anyone) Look at the tops of the pistons in a motor suffering from heavy detonation and tell me if you still think it is okay. << to the people that think lots of knock is just fine.

I dont know what the deal is with creep, i couldnt keep my 14B under 16 lbs, even with a ported WG o2 Elim vented to the atmosphere...It is kinda hard to keep boost down with an exhaust...especially 3 in.

Adam
My pistons look just fine, no signs of detonation, never lost any compression...

i agree with raptor, 99% of all tuning issues is due to something dumb, mainly boost leaks.

get any leaks fixed, boost lower, and a pump. Youll be fine.
1Fst14B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003   #25
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
Yeah, I guess porting the turbo and adding the flapper will be on my list, but I am still running this busted ass 14B that blows smoke out my exhaust at anything over 15pis(which was reaffirmed to me last night against a newer 4.6 rustang). So basically what I am saying is that when I get my new turbo I will definately do that. And I would rather have someone local port it instead of the shop I buy it from. I think for now I will put a bigger pump(looking at a 255 from ebay) turn down the boost(yet again :angry: ) and ride it out until tax returns when hopefully I will have enough for a frount mount, EVO 16G, SAFC, and engine rebuild..

Anything else you guys would recommend during the meantime?

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003   #26
Raptor
ConArtist

Just don't run cheap gas and stay off the throttle when it starts creeping. Hopefully everything hangs in there till you can get the problems solved. If it doesn't, I can build the motor for you too.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote