MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2004   #1
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23
I talked to a friend and he said it would be ok for me to take off the "air bypass hose" (from the stock BOV to the intake). so i did so and caped off the hole in the intake pipe and went for a drive. everytime i would get into high RPMs it would just stop accelerating and i heard the BOV do its thing.then i went a little further and everytime i stoped the car would just die, did it like everytime unless i reved the engine up. i really like the pshhhh noise and i wanted it to be louder until i get the $ for a greddy type S BOV. let me know what i can do to fix this or whatnot.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-02-2004   #2
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
Put the hose back on, its there for a reason.

CRAIG
Old 07-02-2004   #3
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
BOV THREAD

Go and read this. This thread should be locked or deleted before it gets ugly...lol

CRAIG
Old 07-02-2004   #4
blageo23
AWD4G64

but why is it needed sooo bad? other people have done it and it works just fine.
Old 07-02-2004   #5
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Please do a search. Do a little thinking and youll figure out why your car is dying.

:uh:
Old 07-02-2004   #6
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
If you like the sound, then i would suggest you get MAFT and go with blow thru design on your car. that is about the only way to take care of the problems you will be having wenting to atm...

If people wouldn't get their underwear tied in the bunch and sucked up their ass this thread won't get ugly, just need some patience.. everybody is/was a newb at one point or another...
Custom:
that was nice of you to use Search feature to find that thread and post it, and Blageo you can try using it too,
this has been discussed many many many times.. x 1000 on every dsm site.
http://www.dsmstyle.com/forum/index.php?ac...act=Search&f=13 is your friend it looks like this

That should be every newbs best friend until they die!!!

If its pissing you off plz don't respond... if you aren't going to help don't waste everybody's time.

-E
Old 07-02-2004   #7
JiN

Haha, we go through this topic so often. It has something to do with the air the BOV is dumping back into the intake has to match up with the fuel the computer is telling the car to give. So when you mess with that mixture, you get screwy results. I know it sounds badass, but if I were you put it back on. I know from experience. But If you intend on keeping it off, lemme know, I'll buy that dump pipe from you.

Matter of fact go here.

http://www.dsmstyle.com/forum/index.php?sh...=20&#entry42337
Old 07-02-2004   #8
blageo23
AWD4G64

alright i put it back on. i read through the post and still got me nowhere, just a bunch of people snapin and sayin that it ricer to do that. that makes me mad, i was totally fine with the grand prix club bitchin about that, that why i bought a ricer so i could do ricer things. why bitch about ricers when u drive one thats what im saying. that the only thing i learned from that thread is that ricers hate ricers. wierd
Old 07-02-2004   #9
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
Too domestic guys every import is a ricer. To import guys, ricers are guys who put on stupid shit like giant spoilers, put stickers all over their car, cut their stock springs, dump their bov to atmosphere only for the sound even though it has adverse performance side effects, drive around the track pits reving their pos fart can, drive around the track pits blasting their stereo, put on LED windsheild sprayers, buy Nology spark plug wires, call nitrous NAWS, etc.
Old 07-02-2004   #10
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
You're right, I formally apologize for the entire group. The only reason we drive DSM's is so we can rice them out by making them run like ass. Nobody here cares about performance, but damn thats a mad phat sounding BOV...too bad the car stumbles everytime it goes "whoosh". If you spend more than 10 seconds searching around you will find all the reasons as to why you should leave it vented back in. If you tried pulling this crap on NABR they'd run a train on your dumb ass and you'd never be allowed back on. This topic has been covered about a thousand times on this board, DSM Talk, and DSM Tuners. Oh well, I better get going, I hear my new vinyl is ready to be picked up...
Old 07-02-2004   #11
blageo23
AWD4G64

to me a ricer is like a body kit(painted), exhuast, spoiler, tails, racing seats, rims, springs. people have different opinions on ricers, with what i just explained in mind i LOVE ricers! i dont like the POS ricers that have primer bodykits on, exhaust tip, and 2 rims. that is just wrong, if you gona do something you might as well do it right. as for the BOV some kid said it would sound cool if i did it, i didnt know what to think so i just went with it
Old 07-02-2004   #12
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
To me a ricer is someone who doens't use the shift key and doesn't know when to start a new sentance.

I used to be one, I now hate them.
Old 07-02-2004   #13
blageo23
AWD4G64

yes i have always wanted to be a ricer now i can go tell my mommy that i am one and that someone told me so who needs new sentances and shift key well mine is broken so i cant use it anymore AT LEASE ITS BETTER THEN TYPING IN ALL CAPS thats really anoying my mommy is going to be so proud of me and my friends i dont know what they are going to say they will be speachless what a glorious day
Old 07-02-2004   #14
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
5 bucks? anyone?
Old 07-02-2004   #15
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
bannage

j/k..

some of those things are requirement.. aka seats and two rims.. i don't know how you could fit two rims per corner but ok wider is better...

the definition of ricer..

Un necessary additions to the car. aka unfunctional hood scoops, aka cut springs, big wings on fwd cars, big tach that goes to 12k that iluminates the whole interior at night however its at 0 when he's on highway..
gauges galore on stock engine..

-E
Old 07-02-2004   #16
fievel

this thread sucks.
Old 07-02-2004   #17
Enes

-D
Old 07-02-2004   #18
blageo23
AWD4G64

I meant 2 aftermarket rims on the back(one on each side) and the stockers up front. To each his own i guess. Some people like that stuff and some think its ugly. I used to like the big wings and ricer stuff, then I got my car and realized that it looks good and that stuff would wreck it. With the BOV thing I wanted people to know I was coming and didnt know that it would skrew up my car. So whatever the question is done and over with. Cant we all get along? :grouphug:
Old 07-02-2004   #19
1ViciousGSX
Admin

This thread is getting no where and is so far off topic that it's now closed. The Parking Lot is a great place to debate "ricer" mentality, but not here.

Just for you ladies, I will open a new topic in the Parking Lot. Ricer Mentalilty, Discuss

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
Closed Thread