MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 12-05-2008   #21
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: ds Map

I found out about this and some other free shit that I would of lapped up, but I already had link and the learning and support I have had from link have been amazing.

Also how can you be a beta tester with a car that is down?
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #22
Batmobile2417

Drives: 92 Talon Work in Progress

I will not trash talk what any one is using. What I am wondering the most is what system would be better to use a dsm link or a ds-map. I have heard wonderful and bad things about both. What do you think about the whole non maf sensor setup? Do you think you can actually get an accurate enough reading from a wideband hooked up to the ecu?
Batmobile2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #23
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceminion View Post
Its called innovation, if you dont like it fine, but don't call BS on a community of people with years of positive results, and its important that people know that there is an option to LINK, which is also fine, but I hate my MAS sensor, no room in the DSM for it
I was responding to the post that it blows away DSMlink, which I don't believe, hence the BS comment. I'm all for something new, but I've been around these cars for a long time, I've seen a lot of fuel controllers, and I've seen a few garage shops come up with something that kinda works if you want to take a lot of chances. Kinda like when the AEM first came out and it had a ton of problems. I tend to like the tried and true and let other people beta test shit and blow motors.

I do like the speed density a lot though. Coming from a VPC and then an AEM, putting a MAS on my car for the first time was not fun, and I still hate it. But being to jump in at any outside temp and have it run right makes it worth it. Also being that Tom and Dave have been working and testing their products long before they release them to the public made me a believer.
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #24
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Also how can you be a beta tester with a car that is down?
We have a least 2 more running DSMs then you think we do buddy....My GVR4 is still in pieces

Im not saying that anyone need throw their DSMLink away, just those consiering dumping $600 into Link may want to wait a week or so, thats all, im sure LINK works great!
Old 12-06-2008   #25
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

^thats cool. Not like i care what you are doing, it just didn't make sense to me.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #26
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

i think it's good for everyone to choose their own tuning options. if you like one better than the other, its fine but one doesnt have to 'talk' like one is better. i havent tried either for myself but from all the great things i've heard from dsmlink I'm going that route.
Old 12-07-2008   #27
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceminion View Post
We have a least 2 more running DSMs then you think we do buddy....My GVR4 is still in pieces

Im not saying that anyone need throw their DSMLink away, just those consiering dumping $600 into Link may want to wait a week or so, thats all, im sure LINK works great!
Actually they have to wait a week or so because Tom has suspended sales until V3 comes out, in a week or so.
Honestly i love dsmlink, i am biased because i run it. But the support that Tom and their team and that forum gives is unquestionably the best i have ever seen. You post a log and within a half day there is a reply with good solutions. While DS-Map im sure is nice for you, i would never run it because like steve i would prefer a tried and true method when it comes to fuel management and a software being able to blow up a motor.
V3 is going to be awesome not only because of the new additions but being able to do firmware updates and have people send you files that would work better for your setup instantly, as well as unlocking new features via firmware update, Awesomeness.
And by the way in a couple weeks there will be no more DSMLink, it will be called ECMLink.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #28
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

why are they changing it from DSMlink to ESMLink?
Old 12-07-2008   #29
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Because it'll be a multi-platform solution. Think EVO.
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #30
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Because it'll be a multi-platform solution. Think EVO.
A lot more then just the evo. They are looking to tackle AEM i bet.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote