MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 06-02-2011   #1
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol
Injectors what ones work the best

I was planning on having my car tuned with my fic 850s on e85. But some things have come up with the car. Needs timing belt. So when I do that iam doing head studs and cams. I would like to buy new injectors that will get me to my goal. Which is 400 to 450 hp at db. I know I need some injectors in the 1000cc or bigger. But ones work the best? And what size to get. I plan on doing a eprom chip.
93gtpeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #2
311evo

Drives: Evo VIII and 96' Buick Park Ave
Send a message via MSN to 311evo
Re: Injectors what ones work the best

I like FIC injectors, for that power You'll prolly want like.. 1250's? maybe smaller.
311evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #3
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX

1000cc was good to 410@DB on my car, so I'd say 1250.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #4
scheides
flips McGee

Depends on how much fuel pump you have behind it. FIC 1050's might be enough with a modded walbro or maybe with a BAP. I think 1250's would be safe but again, make sure you have enough fuel pump. A rewired and modded walbro would prolly be plenty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #5
93gtpeater

Iam running a 255 walbro rewired right now. I was wondering what would be the beat brand. I was looking at some pte 1200s. I just dont dont buy injectors that suck. Cause I heard the bluemax 1350s suck to tune.
Old 06-02-2011   #6
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post
Iam running a 255 walbro rewired right now. I was wondering what would be the beat brand. I was looking at some pte 1200s. I just dont dont buy injectors that suck. Cause I heard the bluemax 1350s suck to tune.
You should do some research then because IIRC PTE1200's are junk and not to be used on e85. Search on here by posts made by ecoli about that. Matter of fact, a good person to talk to would probably be him, (shane @ DB Performance).

I recently installed a set of FIC1680's in my evoX and they're probably the best idling, smoothest 1600cc injector out there but....you pay for it! Again, might wanna check and see what others are using on their dsms with the same tuning software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011   #7
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post

haha, read back a few posts of mine in a similar thread. I pretty much said the complete opposite. My 1350's are fine, Shane didn't have any issues while tuning with them as far as I know (He didn't say anything anyways). The PTE 1200's have had a bunch of failures when using E85 I guess. Word is they are not compatible with E85, some have used them and not had problems (1QUICK4 used them I know), some have installed them and had a dead injector straight out of the box (or so I'm told). I would stay away from them.

EDIT: found it

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=29

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.

Last edited by goodhart; 06-03-2011 at 07:49 AM..
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011   #8
93gtpeater

Thanks goodhart. I guess I will go with some fic 1350s then.
Old 06-03-2011   #9
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires

FYI, I had sent my pte 1200's in due to one or more not funtioning properly. At that time I asked about e85 issues with the 1200's.. they claim they have never had an issue with e85 and any of their injectors. Who knows, but after apparently misplacing mine, I got a different bodied 1200 from them in the mail. They claimed they are what I sent them, I don't think so. In any case, put the new ones in the car to see what happens and it started right up.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote