MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Member Intros/Bios

Old 05-09-2007   #1
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Whatsup From Slowboy??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR Joe View Post
At this point, theres nothing we can "say or do" to make anyone happy, in this thread at least.
Maybe it's time to take a hint.

Based on all of the bad publicity that Slowboy Racing has been given in the DSM world (Tuners, Talk, here, etc.) because of poor products and even worse customer service I never once have even considered looking in SBR's direction when I've been in need of parts. I'll be honest, when I bought the DSM I have now and found that is had an SBR clutch I cringed.

For what it's worth, aside from the random hard to find part and specialty lines/fittings, all of my stuff has been bought locally from this site's sponsors and local shops. Minnesota's DSM community is rather tightly knit, which you've already discovered.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #2
SBR Joe
SBR Janitor, 2nd in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
Maybe it's time to take a hint.

Based on all of the bad publicity that Slowboy Racing has been given in the DSM world (Tuners, Talk, here, etc.) because of poor products and even worse customer service I never once have even considered looking in SBR's direction when I've been in need of parts. I'll be honest, when I bought the DSM I have now and found that is had an SBR clutch I cringed.

For what it's worth, aside from the random hard to find part and specialty lines/fittings, all of my stuff has been bought locally from this site's sponsors and local shops. Minnesota's DSM community is rather tightly knit, which you've already discovered.

I cannot change anyones opinion if they do not want me too, all i can do is my job.

Joe
SBR
SBR Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #3
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

This is better than days of our lives
Old 05-09-2007   #4
SBR INC

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00stcreep21 View Post
This is better than days of our lives
Hell yea - I can't leave my seat -

Mike Huml
SBR Inc
SBR INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #5
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Welcome thread rankings!

http://dsmstyle.com/forums/forumdisp...c&daysprune=-1

WooT! Almost there!
Old 05-09-2007   #6
clean2g
Boost Junkie

Drives: I teleport
Send a message via AIM to clean2g

How many of you SBR bastards are there? I think this quote defines it best:

"one bastard goes in and another bastard comes out.."
clean2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #7
scheides
flips McGee

Everyone--Please keep this semi-on topic. No more name-calling please, as we are not in 8th grade.

SBR Crew: if you can't take a lashing from Jakey then you need to re-think being members of this site!

SBR Crew, since so many of you have now joined in this frenzy, please add in and introduce yourselves, we want to know who you all are! Rides, hobbies, etc...This *IS* the intro forum after all!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #8
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
SBR Crew: if you can't take a lashing from Jakey then you need to re-think being members of this site!
Don't worry, I won't be around the rest of the afternoon so I'm done lashing, for today.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #9
SBR INC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Don't worry, I won't be around the rest of the afternoon so I'm done lashing, for today.
I have to go myself for about an hour - call me sometime - I would like to here your story!

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old 05-09-2007   #10
SBR INC

Quote:
Everyone--Please keep this semi-on topic. No more name-calling please, as we are not in 8th grade.

SBR Crew, since so many of you have now joined in this frenzy, please add in and introduce yourselves, we want to know who you all are! Rides, hobbies, etc...This *IS* the intro forum after all!
We can take the crap - or we would not be here fighting for a spot on your site.

We just want it to be a fair fight!

Hobbies - boating, biking, anything to do with water sports (as long as I do not have to wear a Speedo) cars, racing, United Way, IUP,woman (notice singular), my two boys, and my employees are what gets me motivated every morning

HAHA - was that o.k.?

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old 05-09-2007   #11
SBR Chris

Quote:

Another Slowboy "Bastard" Here.
Name: Chris Boone
Position: SBR Sales
Email: cab@slowboyracing.com
Hails from: Maine / NEDSM
Rides: 94 S10, 98 GST
Been a DSMer for about 9 years now.
Hobbies Include: Turbo Cars, Motorcycles, Golf Carts. I like most kinds of racing, mostly Drag.

Want more? Just ask!

Chris
SBR Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #12
SBR Oliver

Well since you want us to introduce ourselves, my name is Oliver and I do all the purchasing for SBR Inc. I drive a 2G AWD Talon, a 02 GSXR 1000, and I also have an 81 Chevy shortbed pickup that I have heavily modified. I am a smart ass and I will make cracks about people mothers, cars, opinions, sexual orientation, and anything else that show an opportunity for a joke. but thats just the way I am, when needed I am as professional as they come, but i still speak the truth. I tell it how it is and thats final.

thanks for your time.

Oliver
SBR Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #13
SBR Joe
SBR Janitor, 2nd in Charge

Joe Shuler
Car: 1990 eclipse GSX
Hobbies: Stunt riding,Drag Racing, Welding, MMA, Long walks on the beach......E FIGHTING!!!
SBR Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #14
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR Joe View Post
Joe Shuler
Car: 1990 eclipse GSX
Hobbies: Stunt riding,Drag Racing, Welding, MMA, Long walks on the beach......E FIGHTING!!!
E-fighting should really be a sport imho.
Old 05-09-2007   #15
SBR Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
E-fighting should really be a sport imho.
Hell yah!
SBR Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #16
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSVniGAD9cY
All you guys could make your own intro threads.

~John
Old 05-09-2007   #17
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushit2.0 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSVniGAD9cY
All you guys could make your own intro threads.

~John
LMFAO, that video rocked!
Old 05-09-2007   #18
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!

Mike, I am not condoning anything that Brent has done, but like was said there are 2 sides to every story. I personally do not like men that hit women. As long as there is no provokation. There are some instances that if a woman gets hit, it may or may not be justified. Some woman can be downright dirty in how they deal with men. They know that the man is the one that's gonna take the most heat for hitting them so they provoke them to the point that it would take a tibetan monk not to raise a hand. That article doesn't prove anything about his character. I've met Brent only a few times and I will not say that he is the greatest person alive because I just don't know him. But I won't say he's an asshole either. If it was proved that he did it and was convicted, then yes he deserves to be labled as such. But if there is no conviction and no evidence to prove it, then he is innocent until proven guilty.

As far as peoples complaints on here, I have never ordered from you guys and never will. From the negative press that has been circulating for a long time now, I would never even think to look into your site to buy anything. A business proves it's quality in how it treats it's customers, not necessarily by the quality of it's products. As you said, you have nearly a totally new crew. Maybe in time the "Slowboy" name will get better. And before you lash out at me for not knowing anything about business, I am in charge of the repair dept where I work. There is only me in the repair dept so I have to answer for anything and everything that goes wrong (late shipments, warranty issues, etc.). Keeping the customer happy is my number one priority. I'm not saying you have to give them everything for free. But you do have to be objective in dealing with a frustrated customer because of broken product or failed delivery. The turbo that I saw in those pictures didn't necessarily look like something went through it. If it had, all the fins would probably be mangled rather than one having a jagged break. But neither one of us can diagnose it without having it in front of our faces. My point is, from your posts, you seem to be very quick to point fingers at the other party so you don't have to admit something was faulty on your end. I'm sure with the volume of business that you say you do, it is hard to catch everything that goes wrong. But when it is brought to your attention you need to deal with it in a more professional matter than to basically tell someone to go fly a kite because you're not at fault.

BTW, are you coming to MN for Ojibwe? It's in August. You said you don't get to the midwest but we have one of the premier rally events in the nation right here every year. You haul further to get to the west coast than you would here so it would be a cheaper event. You think you'll be here this August? Of course there's always LSPR in Michigan in October.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #19
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATCHBX View Post
Mike, I am not condoning anything that Brent has done, but like was said there are 2 sides to every story. I personally do not like men that hit women. As long as there is no provokation. There are some instances that if a woman gets hit, it may or may not be justified. Some woman can be downright dirty in how they deal with men. They know that the man is the one that's gonna take the most heat for hitting them so they provoke them to the point that it would take a tibetan monk not to raise a hand. That article doesn't prove anything about his character. I've met Brent only a few times and I will not say that he is the greatest person alive because I just don't know him. But I won't say he's an asshole either. If it was proved that he did it and was convicted, then yes he deserves to be labled as such. But if there is no conviction and no evidence to prove it, then he is innocent until proven guilty.

As far as peoples complaints on here, I have never ordered from you guys and never will. From the negative press that has been circulating for a long time now, I would never even think to look into your site to buy anything. A business proves it's quality in how it treats it's customers, not necessarily by the quality of it's products. As you said, you have nearly a totally new crew. Maybe in time the "Slowboy" name will get better. And before you lash out at me for not knowing anything about business, I am in charge of the repair dept where I work. There is only me in the repair dept so I have to answer for anything and everything that goes wrong (late shipments, warranty issues, etc.). Keeping the customer happy is my number one priority. I'm not saying you have to give them everything for free. But you do have to be objective in dealing with a frustrated customer because of broken product or failed delivery. The turbo that I saw in those pictures didn't necessarily look like something went through it. If it had, all the fins would probably be mangled rather than one having a jagged break. But neither one of us can diagnose it without having it in front of our faces. My point is, from your posts, you seem to be very quick to point fingers at the other party so you don't have to admit something was faulty on your end. I'm sure with the volume of business that you say you do, it is hard to catch everything that goes wrong. But when it is brought to your attention you need to deal with it in a more professional matter than to basically tell someone to go fly a kite because you're not at fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kracka View Post
You should care because he represented the company and now you should be trying to clean up his mess i.e. SBR's image. Say for example you go to a new restaurant and get a terrible meal. Are you going to steer clear of that place in the future or will you call ahead and ask if a new cook is in the kitchen?
I'll shut up now.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #20
SBR INC

Quote:
It happened in my brothers house - my GM Jay Copenhaver and former employee Jon Nye were there when it happened. I do not care WHO YOU ARE - you do not hit a woman - under any circumstance - PERIOD.

His entire basement was trashed, holes in the wall, bottles broken in the wall, blood everywhere (not his). You have to be freaking kidding me - and I screwed Brent to huh? He screwed himself.

As for the rest of your email - I am only on through X games for Rally - we may do a rally in Jamaica in late August and another in December.

STPR kicked our but last year - first stage

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.