Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 05-29-2006   #21
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey
Re: Help decide my setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr
to get it to 300whp, even on a dynojet, takes a bit of work.
I'm far from a a dyno expert, however, isn't that statement a little bit pessimistic about the capabilities of the Evo III? 300 whp (unknown dyno) has been hit with a stock 14B and no nitrous, meth, etc.; I'd certainly hope that the Evo III hitting 300whp isn't too much of a rarity.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006   #22
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey
I'm far from a a dyno expert, however, isn't that statement a little bit pessimistic about the capabilities of the Evo III? 300 whp (unknown dyno) has been hit with a stock 14B and no nitrous, meth, etc.; I'd certainly hope that the Evo III hitting 300whp isn't too much of a rarity.
I am unsure. I haven't done that many evo 16g cars on a dynojet (shane? care to chime in on this one?)..I just know that most evo 16g cars on our dyno are putting down between 230-268awhp to fwhp pending the mods and the boost levels. All were on pump gas.
Old 05-29-2006   #23
98gstaherns
I need boost in my life

Drives: '14 chevy 1500
Send a message via AIM to 98gstaherns

If you go on to DSMtuners and find the ebay FMIC theard and go to page 10 there is a Group buy for a whole set up for $295..I got mine it looks good but i haven't out it on yet..If you keep looking you may find one for a 1g but with some teaking you can make it work 1g.
Old 05-30-2006   #24
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Send a message via AIM to Shane55113

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr
I am unsure. I haven't done that many evo 16g cars on a dynojet (shane? care to chime in on this one?)..I just know that most evo 16g cars on our dyno are putting down between 230-268awhp to fwhp pending the mods and the boost levels. All were on pump gas.
well from what i have read the evo 3 turbo is good rated up to 370hp-390hp(varies from sources and neglects to mention if its whp or chp) but thats a little over my plans, which is good in my opinion because i dont want the turbo maxed out all the time and i want good spool time. the 14b Cfm is about 400cfm at 20 psi and the evo 3 is 530cfm at 20psi. I got most of my info at the website 3SI I believe that with 650's and on pump i should easily break into the 300 hp area. I plan on getting a dyno tune from you guys at lse after everything is installed and working.

On a side note i was contemplating making my car run on E85 since it has an octane rating of 105, I'm not sure if its a benefit but you have to run 33% more fuel to get the same effect as gas so your A/f ratio changes from 11:1 to 9:1 which Means you get cooler Temps from the fact that there it 33% more fuel but you dont run ritch. just a thought.
Old 05-31-2006   #25
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

does anyone have a dsmlink and the PLX m-250 without a Gm maft?
Old 05-31-2006   #26
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

300FWHP is possible on a Dynojet with probably around 18psi on pump gas with an Evo 3 16G and a good setup. I built a basic setup for a FWD Spyder a while ago that made 290whp on Elite's Dynojet a while ago with an older Big 16G. It ran somewhere around 17-18psi, and didn't have cams, but it had the right supporting parts. It is owned by an older guy who doesn't work on cars at all or know much about modding. But at the same time, I constantly had cars coming in with turbos ranging from 16Gs to decent sized T3/T4s that couldn't even muster that much on pump gas. The norm for a 16G was normally in the 250-280whp range at Elite though. The Evo 3 16Gs are significantly better and flow a lot more than the old small/big 16G.
Old 06-03-2006   #27
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Cool, i'm also having my evo 3 16g ported and it will have a 34mm flapper.

I ordered everything yesterday from extreme psi, and the exhaust from dejontool. Extreme psi already has my shipment out