MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 04-09-2005   #21
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Re: Transmission No More!

Did you send your tranny in and have your exact tranny redone? Or did you do a swap, like they give you a rebuilt one for your core...? And did they ask what year your car was and how many splines were on your tcase?

That would really make me mad but I dont know if they asked or not or if you specified.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005   #22
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm

I just ordered another tranny. I only knew about the 21 spline and 23 spline and someone told me that 21 splines where on 90-91s and 23 splines where on 92+. I ordered the 23 spline and now I need to get a t-case to match that also...what a S*** load of money I just spent. I'm hoping U-Pull-R-Parts have a dsm with the t-case I need. For the t-case seal part are there different number of splines on different years? I need to find out which years will have a 23 spline t-case...

I'm not mad with TRE, it's more of my fault for not counting the splines, but I didnt know. A lesson learned.........the hard way!
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #23
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight

U Pull R Parts has one Awd car but it is an auto. I have heard that the rear ends have different gears but I am not sure about the t-case. I have an extra T-case out of my 92 talon if you cannot find one.
Old 04-11-2005   #24
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm

does it have 23 splines that connect to the tranny? If so, I might take up that offer. Just dont charge me an arm and a leg since I only have those left after the tranny and clutch took my other arm and leg. Apex Auto wants to charge me $300 and TRE wants $300...that pretty much killing me right there. I'm sure Apex wont go down very much if I try talking them down. U-Pull has a 91, 93, and 94 talon, but I gotta go call and ask if they're awd manual. I sure hope so...it'll only be like $80 for the t-case that way. I have my fingers crossed!
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote