MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 02-06-2006   #1
stcloudgsx

Send a message via AIM to stcloudgsx Send a message via MSN to stcloudgsx
Brake question

I just bought a '91 gs-t for 500$ because the person who owned it didn't know why it wouldn't shift. Anyway I fixed the TCU and then was driving it around and had a tie rod end break on me. I replaced the lower ball joints, tie rod ends, and had all the rotors turned and front brake pads. I had to remove one of the rear calipers because of a broken bolt. Now when I drive it, there isn't much pedal pressure in the brakes but I bled the shit out of the lines until new fluid came out the caliper. Any suggestions on the less than spectacular pedal pressure? Also when I push the brake pedal all the way down there is what feels almost like a warped rotor pulse in the pedal but that can't be being that I just had them turned. I'm thinking that it might just be a bent rim? any suggestions are greatly appreciated. thanks
Anthony
stcloudgsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #2
DSMPARTSGURU
Keeper of the lost toys!

Drives: 1977 pinto,1994 farm truck, 04 4-door mustang
Send a message via MSN to DSMPARTSGURU
Re: Brake question

possibly stuck caliper or leaking caliper???
Old 02-06-2006   #3
tim

You would feel a bent rim all the time not just when braking. If you are having a mushy pedal I doubt you bled all the air out. Try bleeding at all corners just to verify that it has been done.

If you still have a soft pedal after everything has been bled you might need to look into rebuilding/replacing the master if you cant see any leaks.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #4
stcloudgsx

Send a message via AIM to stcloudgsx Send a message via MSN to stcloudgsx

Well when I'm driving on a really smooth road I can feel the same little pulse while driving that I feel during braking. Sorry it was very clear in the first post. Thats the only reason why I think its a bent rim. Also the first time I drove it after I had done all this the back right tire was sliding on the snow until I hit dry pavement and then it started rolling. So maybe that caliper is sticking or something?
stcloudgsx is offline   Reply With Quote