MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 02-20-2006   #1
NOT THE BLUE LAMPSHADE
ROFLCOPTER!!!

Drives: 2005 Civic LX MANAUL!!!
Send a message via AIM to NOT THE BLUE LAMPSHADE Send a message via Yahoo to NOT THE BLUE LAMPSHADE
Transmission Problem

I have a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd. Recently my 5th gear has been popping out when I'm not giving it any gas after accelerating a bit. This happened about a month ago and then went away but now it's back. I found an article on how to fix the shifter movement from v-faq
http://www.geocities.com/qwik93awd/Vfaq/shifter.htm

When I opened up the case on the tranny, the gear around the top nut fell out and there are 3 little, clips i want to say, behind it, and one fell out. It looked like they just slid into place, so I put it back in and the gear seemed to just rest in place too, so I put that in place. But the gear had some burs on it from grinding it looks like. Anyway, I torqued down the two 36mm nuts to 110lb/ft like the article said. The top nut however, is stripped and I couldnt torque it down. Also, it appears to be on backwards too. It looked like it made more sense that It goes on with the notch in the nut facing the case cover because there's a notch in the cover that fits the notch on the nut. I put it back together and let it warm up and took it for a test drive. Now when I change gears, it revs up to about 3-4k and sticks for a few seconds. I don't know if this is enough information for you guys to know what's wrong or not, but I was just wondering if based off this if you have any idea what it will cost to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated as no one on the rest of board replied to me on this. Thank You.

Need computer help? PM me if you need repair/virus problems/system building/etc, virtually anything.

"...when u lube up the pistons ur supposed to get higher compression then when they are dry..."
NOT THE BLUE LAMPSHADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #2
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
Re: Transmission Problem

Moved to the right forum, and the frist one locked. Tech threads go in the tech area for a reason. If you don't get the replies you need you may want to check out other DSM sites like Talk or Tuners and search around or ask there.