MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 06-18-2006   #1
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Send a message via AIM to Shane55113
Arrow Gas leak

Well i finally got my stuff all together today. I put the 02 housing on and put the exhaust and put the rear AGX on and finished putting on the 4 bolt. So i decided to start her up and see how she was running and it was great...untill i saw i was leaking gas right by the transfer case. typical.
I checked all the fittings from my Aeromotive FPR because I had an issue with them before, all clean. I think its leaking either from the inlit from the fuel filter or i remember i slightly bent the metal return line and i'm thinking that may have fractured it. I haven't really been abel to take a really close look yet but i will update tomorrow. My hands are already cut up from taking care of everything else but working between the engine and the fire wall always rips my knuckles up.
Does any one have experience with phantom gas leaks?
BTW my mods list are below in my sig.
Old 06-18-2006   #2
tim

Re: Gas leak

I think you pretty much nailed it. If you bend a hard line on a 15+ yr old car I am sure it will crack. Sounds like a pretty good place to start anyway.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #3
CDeutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane55113
Does any one have experience with phantom gas leaks?
Phantom would imply it doesn't exist, I'd say you have a real leak.

Just in case you don't already know. For safety's sake when diagnosing use a jumper to the test terminal that activates the fuel pump, instead of running the engine (or if you have DSMLink use that to turn it on). You should do this before starting the engine whenever you work on the cars fuel system.
CDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #4
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

i found it, the lines are fine its the seal on the bottom of the fuel filter. the fitting was really loose and when i tightened it and tried it again it was still leaking, sooo i'm going to get a new filter and hopefully that'll work fine. I've been trying to get the top of the fuel filter off for a bit now and its really stuck on there, any suggestions?
Old 06-19-2006   #5
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

a new fuel filter fixed this problem.