MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 04-23-2007   #1
Talon628

Electrical problem!

1997 GSX, So i Come out to my car this morning and I had no power, so I poped the the hood and started looking at the battery, made sure that my lights werent left on then noticed. One of my fuse's were melted, then noticed all the fuses under the hood were blown. So i ran and got all new fuses, unhooked the battery and put them in. then hooked the battery back up and boom another fuse blew. Car was fine before and this had happened over night, no power had been left on and nothing touched.
Old 04-23-2007   #2
tim

Re: Electrical problem!

Well, something is touching now obviously. Time to start looking around for burned/melted/broken wires.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #3
gsx&gsxr

Re: Electrical problem!

I just bought this car and the problems I have found so far make me sad i paid way to much the problem is in the wiring the headlights the gauges anything that was put in caused a problem like my favorite the random bare speaker wire spliced off the ecu harness... ground was wired hot and most everything was wired in red or yellow 14 gauge wire... does anyone have a diagram of the ignition switch plug??
gsx&gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote