MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 10-01-2008   #1
eclipse_spyder
The most ricest dsm

Evo 8 valvetrain

So I've heard the Evo valvetrain is interchangable with the 1g heads. They say the Exhaust valves are lighter and have a coating while the Intake is the same. Would it be a better idea to go with Evo 8 valves or go aftermarket like Ferrea, Super tech, or BC? Budget wouldn't matter on this since I'm in the range of $300 for valves. One of these brands will be mated to the BC valve springs and retainter since I plan on running 280's. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
eclipse_spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #2
dsm9sec
Banned

Drives: ... More than you can afford, pal
Re: Evo 8 valvetrain

If I remember right the exhaust valves on evo 8s+ are inconel and the intake valves are filled with some kind of gas to make them lighter. They'd be an upgrade vs stock 1st gen.

But I'd go with Ferrea if you've got $300 already set aside for valves. I think when I ordered my extra set of exhaust valves they were $140 from Buschnuts.
dsm9sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #3
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Send a message via AIM to Shane55113

The exhaust valves are filled with sodium to help dissipate heat faster and are drop in, as far as i know the intake valves are just regular valves and have the same part no as oe 1g valves. you can also use the evo rockers and springs and aluminum retainers.
Old 10-01-2008   #4
eclipse_spyder
The most ricest dsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane55113 View Post
The exhaust valves are filled with sodium to help dissipate heat faster and are drop in, as far as i know the intake valves are just regular valves and have the same part no as oe 1g valves. you can also use the evo rockers and springs and aluminum retainers.

I heard the evo rockers are lighter and some say they are heavier? Which is correct?
eclipse_spyder is offline   Reply With Quote