MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 04-13-2005   #1
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638
MAFT tuning..

I toke apart my maft today, as it had some water in it, and I am currently cleaning it out, and going to seal it up. But, I wanted to know what the red and green led lights where for? Also, what should the knobs be set at? I currently have the aux at 0, the base is at 6, the idle is at 1, and the mid and wot are at 0. What would changing these yield, say from 0 to 2 or so-on?

-A. Swift
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #2
scheides
flips McGee

Re: MAFT tuning..

It will depend on the version you are running, you'll have to read the docs on their www site. All the knobs are for different rpm ranges or purposes, but the best bet is to just set the BASE knob according to what injectors you have in, and then use an afc to fine tune it. Each click to the right (clockwise) is -5%.

example: I have 650cc injectors installed, which are roughly 30% bigger than the stock 450's, so I have mine set six clicks to the right. I shut it up, and then tuned normally with the afc. Otherwise, just leave everything set to zero and tune with the afc, that'll work too (I've done both).

http://www.fullthrottletech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

As for water inside the box, yea, that can be an issue. I'm not sure why the unit is not equiped with some sort of rubber seal around the lip of the cover. I put a very thin bead of rtv around the lip on the cover & let it dry. Then when you screw it back down it will have a nice seal to prevent the water intrusion problem.

Good luck.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #3
91vr4

Tournaments Won: 6

Re: MAFT tuning..

http://co.dsm.org/tech/MAF_Setup.pdf

info on lites / knobs