MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 08-26-2005   #1
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
turbo oil preassure

ok, i need to decrease oil preassure on the turbo supply line, anyone have any ideas ? i have a braided line to a 50 trim right now.

i would like to get this done today so anything localy?

-E
Old 08-26-2005   #2
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
Re: turbo oil preassure

I don't know if you can do it locally, but switch to a -3 line. I am assuming you are running a -4? Someone local was selling the lines...was it Talonfiero?

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #3
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes

yeah, the one i have is -4.... PTE said its fine but i am hearing a lot of people are having issues with blown turbo seals due to high preassure..

_E
Old 08-26-2005   #4
Onefast99gsx

Problem with 4AN's, INCLUDING myself. I'm waiting to hear back from PTE for a definitive answer on which oil line to use on a 2g, if you have the balance shafts in tact. Not to bash, but their tech support SUCKS! Do a search on dsmtuners for keyword: 4an or oil restrictor Dozens of people have had problems with the PTE's oil seals. There is a guy on there DSMJIM and he swears to only use a 3an feed line. He has a 50trim as well(not a PTE), but says the 4an is WAY too much oil. I have a 10AN return line so i know it's not the oil backing up.

Enes, if you have access to a lathe, you could make one of these, or have a buddy that has a lathe make one. .078" seems to be the orfice of choice. You could get the 3AN line but then you would need to change your (2) 90* elbows as well if that's how yours is setup. Whatever route works best for you. I hope it's not too late for yours like it is mine. Mine blows way too much air past the seals and into the crankcase. Apparently some is normal according to Dave Mertz, but not in my case. Sucks! Well... At least i have AN fittings for my return line. I shouldn't have to drain the oil.

http://www.dsmtuner.com/forums/showt...oil+restrictor

Last edited by Onefast99gsx; 08-26-2005 at 01:26 PM..
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #5
Enes

yeah, i think mine is gone as well, when its idling it doesn't smoke at all, when drive it and then stop it smoks for about 15 seconds and stops smoking, i heard bubling as well in oil pan when i was doing boost leak test....

now if i could just find that .078 NAWZ jet ....

anyone got any?

-E

Last edited by Enes; 08-26-2005 at 01:42 PM..
Enes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #6
Onefast99gsx

Is yours under warranty too? I think my warranty expires in about October.
Old 08-26-2005   #7
Enes

i bought the turbo sometimes in may or June 2004
Old 08-26-2005   #8
Onefast99gsx

That sucks! I wonder how much a new rebuilt kit costs. Be nice to be able to do it yourself. I don't see why you couldn't mark the shaft&wheels so you get it back on the same way it came off. I was thinking of doing that but mine is under warranty so i might as well send it free, other than cost of shipping.

On a side note- I don't know if this rule applys to our cars but i remember someone telling me, approximately 15psi of oil pressure for every thousand rpms, so if you're at 8k rpms that would be over 100psi of oil pressure which too me seems like way too much, therefore why the 3an is recommended. You can picture 100psi coming out of an air hose, just imagine 100psi of fluid!
Old 08-27-2005   #9
EclipseGST

Checkers Champion! Crash Test Danny Champion! Get A Grip Champion!
Drives: Short Bus
Send a message via AIM to EclipseGST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseGST

Use an oil filter... Forced performance sells them and it is manditory to get with any of their ball bearing turbos to keep it under warrenty. It lowers oil pressure and filters the oil also. When I got my turbo from them they insisted on me getting one because ball bearings dont like a lot of oil pressure, they just need a small mist/stream. I have also heard mitsu turbos are the same way, thats why the oil supply is taken from the head. This could be wrong but its what I have learned in the past.

Just a thought.
EclipseGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #10
Onefast99gsx

Enes- I just got done taking my PTE turbo out. Got it out in less than an hour. At first i wasn't seeing any traces oil and started to think that taking it out was a waste of time. Then i looked further and behind the turbine wheel it is very wet all the way around. My loss of oil was getting shot out the exhaust. Never could tell it by smoke. Knew it by smell. So my seals are definately bad. It will get send out Monday via UPS. I'm gonna print off all that stuff I read on dsmtuner and send it along too. So if you take yours out check where i just pointed out. It HAS to be the oil pressure.